Does anyone know if there is a sunray probe that will work with the ETRAC?

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my new Minelab E-Trac last week and was wondering if anyone knew of a sun ray probe that will work with it? My main concern is that my coil wire doesn't wrap around the shaft of my detector, it runs inside the shaft and all the one's I've seen require the coil wire outside the shaft. Any ideas/help would be great! Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
One for a any of the Explorer series should work but the ones for the II and SE will match the E-Trac's black upper shaft. E-Trac should also share all of the Explorer series coils.

Jeff

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff, would I have to send in the upper shaft to be "fit" for it? I'm just curious as to how the wiring would be routed as right now the only part of the coil wire that is exposed(not inside the shaft) is about an inch between coil and the bottom of the lower shaft, the wire is pretty much completely hidden. I was also looking at the control box face on the SE and the one on my etrac is really different, do you think the electronics might clash?

dirtdigr

Greenie
Sep 25, 2008
The Sunray inline probes for the Explorer work on the E-trac as well. I just replaced the middle rod on my E-trac with the middle rod from my Explorer SE that has the probe attached. No problems!

Yes, you'll have to send in your middle rod from the E-trac to have Sunray install the probe onto it.

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought the X-1 probe already mounted on a middle shaft and it seems to fit and work very well. I should be able to test it out this weekend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread