Does anyone know of a good sniper coil for a F5.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have a round 5" DD coil on the F70 and I love it!
I was always more of a fan of the concentrics because of that bottle cap problem, but I have found a way to recognize most of them using DD coils.
On the F70 this thing is amazing...threads between and separates the trash in garbage areas even on high sense, but on lower sense it has laser-like precision and still goes deep.
With the sense high I was plucking some quarters at the 8" level yesterday at a park site I have hit over and over and never knew were there, and since I mounted this thing I found silver coins and gold and silver rings galore at sites so trashy you might not believe it.
I always have been a big fan of snipers and usually it is my coil of choice on most of my detectors, now even more so.

I am not sure about how it works on the F5, but on the F70 using that big DD coil by lowering that sense way down it has the effect of shrinking that scanning field into a pretty precise tool that still goes surprisingly deep also so you might want to try that sometime at that trashy site.
I can hit targets easily at the 6" level and more with the sense on 30 out of a possible 99, and that is my usual setting when I wander into a trashy area with that big coil and I have plucked some great targets out of dense garbage areas doing it this way.
In my good soil I once hit a dime at a measured 5" in the ground at a setting of 19 with that same coil.
I believe the F5 might have a bit less depth than the F70 but not all that much, and the snipers are still the way to go in severe trash, but try this technique with the coil you have and it just might surprise you while you wait to decide on this new coil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. Digger you are always a life saver and I will be sure to try your idea. Money is kinda a problem right now and I have to build my clad to afford the DD sniper. I was wondering if the $30 sniper for the Fisher would work that comes with the F2. The others are like $135+ for the DD sniper. I know that the F70 and F75 coils are compatible, and I guess even the F19. Any thoughts?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher 5" coil for the F5, or you could try the NEL 5" DD for the F5 for less money.(about $100). I've heard good reports on both.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread