Does anyone know what this is? Compass, Barometer???

Oldnrth

Greenie
Nov 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at an antique shop, couldnā€™t figure out what it is and itā€™s been on my mind since. Obviously in the original box, marked ā€œShort @ Masonā€. There is a loop attached and it has hands that move from 0- 90 -0 when moved, anyone have an answer???

IMG_0885.jpg

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a primitive metal detector called a "dipping needle", c. 1926, used for locating buried iron pipes. Appropriate enough for this website! I can't get it to attach, but Google "Tyco Short and Mason catalog 1926", page 28. Original cost, $12.00.

Welcome to the website and good hunting. I'd recommend an upgrade to something newer than this, though. Lol.

OP
OP
O

Oldnrth

Greenie
Nov 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a primitive metal detector called a "dipping needle", c. 1926, used for locating buried iron pipes. Appropriate enough for this website! I can't get it to attach, but Google "Tyco Short and Mason catalog 1926", page 28. Original cost, $12.00.

Welcome to the website and good hunting. I'd recommend an upgrade to something newer than this, though. Lol.

Thanks for the help! Iā€™ve been looking for the better part of an hour and could not for the life of me figure it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread