44.9 KB · Views: 1,511
  • photo of artifact 1.jpg
    photo of artifact 1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,516
Upvote 0

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Ok, so where are you and where are the Tuscarora? The Silver one says New Mexico, but I'll bet anyone could order them customized. I am still sticking with Thunderbird, but then I have spent a lot of time in the sun. This is your brain. 0 This is you brain after metal detecting in the sun all day. -> .

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
You know, the only thing that bothers me about "ashtray" is that there aren't any of the little dip things, or culverts, to rest the cigarette in. Is it an ashtray without those?? Just asking.

For those that play Balderdash, I'll bet $100 there is a name for the little divots in an ashtray.

OP
OP
K

kitagista

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2011
Yes on the relativity of "recent". My wife and family (her parents +siblings (6 of them) + Aunts Uncles etc.) lived in the house from 1948 till 2003. No one remembers seeing such an item. Anyway, I like it. BTW the Tuscaroras, a branch of the iroquois, ranged all up and down the East coast. They also had a "Thunderbird" but it was much more menacing looking than this one. This one almost looks like a dove or pigeon.

Best find at this house was a box behind bricks in the fireplace when my father-in-law remodeled a wall to add a large gun display case. The box had in it letters from the late 1700's thru the civil war. Also I found a 1797 Spanish Real (8-bit coin) under a floor board when redoing the bathroom. Not worth an awful lot but very nice. That is the sort of things I look for. I have so many real usable good shape civil war relics handed down through the family that I am not much interested in rusty guns parts etc. I do have a passion for the buttons, buckles etc.

Lets close this thread.

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
It's possibly an artificial "cadoobry" could be authentic but I doubt it, it would be very rare if it was original :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread