Does anyone own a 6 inch coil?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent in trash and iron. - Pros (Really opened up a park I have hunted many times - found several dimes & nickels. I'm sure I missed before)

Very small coil - I own the whites 5.3 coil and the 6" DD coil is probably another 1" small than that coil so takes a long time to cover ground.

Were it really excels though is when iron is above a target and close. (Say a nail is in the ground a couple of inches away and higher than the target) the 6" coil can hit the dime. Can't do this with a concentric small coil unless you just happen to hit the target with the nail not under the coil.

I've got a Nox 600 and 6" Coil in the classifieds if you know someone who is interested.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love mine. Best depth I've ever seen in a sniper coil. Target separation is incredible. Like using a laser beam. The only downside is that you won't cover ground as quickly as with a stock coil, but that's to be expected. But yeah, it's absolutely deadly in high trash areas.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Love mine. Best depth I've ever seen in a sniper coil. Target separation is incredible. Like using a laser beam. The only downside is that you won't cover ground as quickly as with a stock coil, but that's to be expected. But yeah, it's absolutely deadly in high trash areas.

The 6" coil ain't an 11" coil, but with the sensitivity cranked up on it, the 6" coil reaches out way more around in halo than just 6 inches. It beats every 6" coil in coverage than my other ones I use on different manufacturer's machines.

Case in point. I have a coin garden with 5" and 6" clad quarters, and one 7" silver dime. The specific spots aren't marked, but do completely admit that I do have a real good idea where they are. Times come where the grass gets higher, and with the 6" Nox coil, I can quickly grab a tone without having to go real slow with tight 6 inch sweeps.

The 6 inch is very good. The mental perception for this being a 6 inch coil is deficient in ground coverage due to being 6 inches round, I admit is logical, but misleading in this case IMO.

Does the 6 make me feel inadequate in open field? It does to a degree, and I really wish that Minelab would offer an 8" coil. Until then, the six inch coil covers enough ground for me, without a drastic slow-down. An 8" would be great as a compromise.

Last edited:

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been really happy with mine, on top of the above posts I can dig much smaller holes in contrast to my giant coil where I can end up with 3 foot wide holes, it’s much lighter and I hunt the woods a lot and it does great getting in and out of tight spaces

dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A+ on the 6 for me. I live in the South West, the 6 is great for nugget shooting. It has also been very good for tight areas/curb strips, depth does not seem to be lacking. I have dug some deep wheats in non clay soils with it. I have never used it in a wide open area...don't see the point in that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions