Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started detecting about 20 years ago I used a Vibra Probe pinpointer. Somewhere over the years I lost it.
When I got back into detecting last year, I bought the Garrett carrot because everyone else was using them.
I will be honest, I am not a fan of the carrot. It seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will be trying to pinpoint a target and nothing! I look to make sure the light is on, and it is. So I power it back on and it comes to life again. It’s a pain in the butt to say the least.
I’ve seen some videos of other popular detectorists using it too, and it’s the same thing. They are questioning if it’s working or not.
That said, I was thinking about buying another Vibra Probe ($135).

Do any of you use the Vibra Probe and do you like it?

https://www.treasureproducts.com/vibraprobe.html

I’m not here to put down the carrot, but it’s just not for me.

Thanks for your input,
MM

Attachments

• IMG_6077.jpeg
    IMG_6077.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP DÄ“us II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had no issues with my XP pointer.
MI-4 & MI-6 are exactly the same except the MI-6 is wireless & pairable with wireless XP detectors.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will be trying to pinpoint a target and nothing! I look to make sure the light is on, and it is. So I power it back on and it comes to life again.
Whenever I first turn my pinpointer on, I wave it across my detector or my shovel or something and make sure it responds. If not, power cycle it and repeat. That way no time is wasted in the hole.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I started detecting about 20 years ago I used a Vibra Probe pinpointer. Somewhere over the years I lost it.
When I got back into detecting last year, I bought the Garrett carrot because everyone else was using them.
I will be honest, I am not a fan of the carrot. It seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will be trying to pinpoint a target and nothing! I look to make sure the light is on, and it is. So I power it back on and it comes to life again. It’s a pain in the butt to say the least.
I’ve seen some videos of other popular detectorists using it too, and it’s the same thing. They are questioning if it’s working or not.
That said, I was thinking about buying another Vibra Probe ($135).

Do any of you use the Vibra Probe and do you like it?

https://www.treasureproducts.com/vibraprobe.html

I’m not here to put down the carrot, but it’s just not for me.

Thanks for your input,
MM
I have one of those sitting in storage, been there now for probably a decade or more.
From what I remember they were waterproof (reason buying it)
Just flipped it over back and forth an it came on.
I kept it for a back up PP and never used it. (it was slightly used when bought)

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I bit the bullet and bought a new Vibra probe yesterday. Will be taking it with me on a road trip in March.
Thank you for all the replies.
MM

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the 585 for a while now and it's great. The only thing is you have to store it on it's side, because if it's tipped up like in your car trunk or something it will come on and stay on and run down the battery. Otherwise its great

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the 585 for a while now and it's great. The only thing is you have to store it on it's side, because if it's tipped up like in your car trunk or something it will come on and stay on and run down the battery. Otherwise its great
Thanks for that input. I ordered one yesterday. đź‘Ť

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP DÄ“us II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about their "traditional one-minute auto-off battery saver"? :icon_scratch:

There must be something about this PP that I'm not seeing... Seems overpriced (for what it does/what you get) even at the sale price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions