Does anyone use the ATX for Relics?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one seems to want to comment on the ATX, I've asked for a comparison today on the ATX and the GTI 2500 but so far like this thread ... nothing :(

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Looking to talk with someone with some experience using the ATX for Relic hunting....preferably in bad soil. If you have some time in on an ATX give me a shout!!!

Yes......check out the latest fall issue of the Garrett Searcher.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
No one seems to want to comment on the ATX, I've asked for a comparison today on the ATX and the GTI 2500 but so far like this thread ... nothing :(

It's not that nobody wants to comment, it's that PI detector is the least sold number of metal detectors. It's not for everyone's hunting style. Most (but not all) people do not want to give up their discrimination. Using a PI is sometimes a lot of work, which means a lot of digging. However, many of the ones who do use a PI realize that it has it's place for certain types/places of detecting. Many have done extremely well using one and would never part with theirs.

There are books available on metal detecting with a PI unit. May I suggest you read one, which will answer a lot of your questions.

CaribooCam

May 27, 2015
The North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used my Garrett Scorpion for years, I know what type of material it is by the sound, almost picture what the item exactly is. I picked up a ATX not to long ago, still a rookie with it butfound it easy to operate and understand the functions, but I dig everything and I do not trust the iron check, with how deep it reaches you never know what else is close or under that target. It seems like I end up digging a pile more junk with it but it will find everything. I picked it up to go over my old digs so I can go deeper on them with success. Can it ever go deep in the soil in my area, also a big bonus in areas with a lot of long layed over grasses. The coil options also limit you to fairly open areas. My scorpion has a 5x10 that you can weave through the brush and grass, you can get a 8" for the ATX. So every detector has its time and place. I am looking forward to getting more time on it because it has been impressive so far.

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers Cariboo, I'm swaying towards the ATX for it's waterproofness and ability on beaches also as well as for slightly deeper finds... waiting to hear back from the lad in the Detector Shop in Croatia who is on his holidays until Monday, to see what he will recommend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread