Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to lay out what I think would be a great machine for my hunting style, then see if you guys know of anything close to it. Maybe I just don’t know where to look!
My ideal machine would be an analog machine with multiple tones and tone modes. Multi frequency with the ability to run more than one at a time. Have manual ground balance. Have obvious adjustments for sensitivity, threshold and discrimination. Have the ability to run dd or concentric coils. What would top it all off is not having a vdi. Just let sophisticated tonal information through. This would be a relic beast. To me a vdi just isn’t needed for relic hunting and super trash laden ground. Foreign machine perhaps?

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
closest thing I can find is a Pirate Black Devil Pro 2. Missing a few of the options I named and seems to be hard to come by here in the states. YouTube vids on this thing are great. Just like what I would want. Ok, done talking with myself.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Someone on here got the Pirate not too long ago...just can't remember who right now? Maybe start a thread asking?

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Omg 375 shipped from Bulgaria with a 9” dd. Wow. I know what I’m saving for. Will be fun to play with for that price!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or.. you could widen your horizon and get a Minelab Equinox 600. :icon_thumright:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or.. you could widen your horizon and get a Minelab Equinox 600. :icon_thumright:

Agree, you can simply ignore the VDI, like I ignore depth meters, and go by sound only.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I respect every post of yours sir. Please elaborate how the equinox 600 is justifiable given the price difference compared to the black devil 2 pro. It is a machine I’ve considered...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I respect every post of yours sir. Please elaborate how the equinox 600 is justifiable given the price difference compared to the black devil 2 pro. It is a machine I’ve considered...

The machine you are looking at is a Bulgarian version of the Tesoro Vaquero. No good in salt water or wet saltwater sand. The Equinox can operate ANYWHERE, and is deeper and more sensitive with TRUE multi-frequency modes. You'll dig far less trash, and have more info with multiple tones. Everyone knows I am a Dedicated Tesoro Fan Boy, but this Equinox has changed my detecting life for the better!:occasion14:

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The machine you are looking at is a Bulgarian version of the Tesoro Vaquero. No good in salt water or wet saltwater sand. The Equinox can operate ANYWHERE, and is deeper and more sensitive with TRUE multi-frequency modes. You'll dig far less trash, and have more info with multiple tones. Everyone knows I am a Dedicated Tesoro Fan Boy, but this Equinox has changed my detecting life for the better!:occasion14:
I want to run with no disc and dig all non ferrous. I’m only hitting old settler era home sites. No salt within 1000 miles of here. In fact, saying it’s another vaquero makes me want it more. A friend wants me to try his v3i which is crazy money for a hobby for me. But I plan to use this multi frequency tech and see what it can do in iron. See others claiming high frequency is where it’s at.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just buy a whites MXT or other detector and don't use the VDI, the MXT does great when going by sound telling trash from treasure. HH

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can run the Equinox in All Metal, (15kHz on the 600 and, 40kHz on the 800). People don't seem to understand what the Equinox is. Too bad for them. Best of luck! :occasion14:

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m still researching.... gonna wait patiently into 2019. Deeptech seems to really be hearing us. That’s promising.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can run the Equinox in All Metal, (15kHz on the 600 and, 40kHz on the 800). People don't seem to understand what the Equinox is. Too bad for them. Best of luck! :occasion14:
Ok terry, I spend all my free minutes researching detectors. I believe your right on the Nox. I’m very seriously considering one as I’m convinced of the multi iq tech. In your opinion is having the 800 worth the coin over the 600 for me, with my current best machine being the vaquero? Is the 600 a massive leap in finds? I know it is in features, but what about your piles at the end of a hunt? Do you wish you ha the 800?

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a Pirate Black Devil Pro 2 and I can tell you it is one awesome machine.. It will definitely keep up with the big boy toys!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...e-used-pirate-black-devil-2-pro-detector.html
I’ve decided I hunt around too much modern trash for pirates and deeptech at the moment. I have a lot of foil and aluminum at a couple of my best sites. The nox is the answer I didn’t want to admit to most likely.....I’ve never liked the Minelab flutey tones, i like the fisher and Makro sounds better, however the nox performance can not be denied.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread