πŸ₯‡ BANNER Does Coral beep? yes, when its full of coins!!!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could'nt work out why this lump of coral (in 2 ft of water) at the beach kept "hitting"?

brought it home and it started to fall apart in my bag - WOW!!!

just need to identify them and work out how to save / clean them???

any ideas???

thanks!!

IMGP0469.JPG IMGP0470.JPG IMGP0471.JPG IMGP0472.JPG IMGP0473.JPG IMGP0474.JPG
IMGP0563.JPG IMGP0523.JPG IMGP0525.JPG IMGP0526.JPG IMGP0527.JPG IMGP0529.JPG IMGP0510.JPG
IMGP0505.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 57

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you have a timeline when you are projected to divulge more information?? [/QUOTE said:
Watch this space....

image.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
With Hurricane Danny expected to bare down upon BVI, it is probably time to batten down the hatches and head to the U.K. for a week. SADS (Kevin) might want to tag along as well.

Frank

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be surprised if it's no more than a Tropical Depsrssion - lots of rain, no sea surge....

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. Have you separated them yet? I have a book about conservation of all types of finds and you would more then definitely go with electrolysis and you can use an old cell phone charger. The book you want is called [h=1]The Archaeologist's Manual for Conservation. Good luck!....one thing is to use stainless steal alligator clips and stainless steel wire. (solid wire) if you don't the metal from the chrome or copper can transfer to the coins.[/h][email protected]

Using stainless steel for electrolysis produces hexavalent chromium....you don't want that...at all.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Waiting on the movie...Is there a book in the works, cause I still want a signed copy!
It will be really nice to see an actual treasure adventure!

Me being the clueless one, why did SADS delete his posts?

coastal_digger

Greenie
Aug 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher new Gold Bug, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher CZ-5, Tesoro Cortes. Garrett Propointer and Tinytec pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been reading this for well over an hour (30+ pages) but have to tear away for now to get groceries lol Great finds, and lot of fun reading :thumbsup: :hello2:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was fortunate to be here when this thread started. I hadn't visited since then. I just sat down this morning and read them all.

During the read I felt more and more paranoid for BVI. Reading back today, most all the the pics are actually gone.

This is a normal fellow with experiences just like you and I. Suddenly everyone is looking at him, and predators in this world abound - everybody wants something.

BVI, as far as I'm concerned - you need to reveal nothing further. It is time for you to deal with self protection - it's been that way for pushing 3 years. Prayerfully you are safe and well protected at this point. In life, one of my two oldest and best friends = wasn't.

Protect yourself first. You don't need to entertain us further.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just overwhelmed with what you found, if I hadn't sold my gun to buy a metal detector, I'd probably at least shoot my self in the foot !

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they are from a shipwreck and you can identify the wreck they will be much more valuable in the concretion. Saw it on tv so it has to be true.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with all below, I had just done the same thing and saw ADS's reply. Stay safe BVI and keep a lid on stuff if you have too. When the time is right, you can share it all then! Good luck man!

I was fortunate to be here when this thread started. I hadn't visited since then. I just sat down this morning and read them all.

During the read I felt more and more paranoid for BVI. Reading back today, most all the the pics are actually gone.

This is a normal fellow with experiences just like you and I. Suddenly everyone is looking at him, and predators in this world abound - everybody wants something.

BVI, as far as I'm concerned - you need to reveal nothing further. It is time for you to deal with self protection - it's been that way for pushing 3 years. Prayerfully you are safe and well protected at this point. In life, one of my two oldest and best friends = wasn't.

Protect yourself first. You don't need to entertain us further.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost forgot about this thread.

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

All I can say is, that after this find, and those that followed, my life changed considerably.
I'm not a newly retired millionaire by any means, but things certainly picked up!!

I'm still actively hunting and enjoying it as much as ever!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread