Does it seem strange to anyone?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
That gold/silver are being slightly beaten down lately, but the dollar is not moving up at all and is in fact down a bit too?

It would be easy to just say gold/silver are being manipulated to stay within a certain trading range, but I cannot think of any other reason. If the dollar was going up it would make sense that PMs are going down and I would not say it is simply manipulation. But as it is, it makes no sense to me other than the whole manipulation theory.

Jim

Kaynos

Sep 13, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is happening right now. It's been stable all morning around 32$ but now silver drop .50 in half an hour, 20$ for gold....

12:00 EST, silver almost down 75c now, gold approaching 25$

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is definitely going on

Only things rising Copper & Nickel

wwww.jpg

TreasureNet - Metal Prices

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop at $3.00 sounds good :tongue3:

of Course I think it's just a Mandatory sell off going on

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a hunch on my part but with the year end coming lots of people with large holdings are cashing in and taking some profits.

Regards + HH

Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only thing I found

P.M. Kitco Metals Roundup: Gold Down Sharply, at 3.5-Mo. Low, on Technical Selling, Stops Hit; Manipulation Discussed

Tuesday December 18, 2012 2:05 PM

February gold last traded down $29.20 an ounce at $1,688.80. Spot gold was last quoted down $30.10 at $1,668.50. March Comex silver last traded down $0.66 at $31.62 an ounce. Tuesday’s major sell off in the gold market, amid no major, fresh fundamental news to move prices so sharply, once again has many market watchers scratching their heads.

AM-PM Roundup with Jim Wyckoff

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Probably to me what makes the least sense is the Platinum group metals selling off today as well. There will be fairly decent sized deficits this year and probably more next year in platinum, palladium and rhodium due to this past summer/fall miner strike and such in South Africa where some mines were down for 3 months or so with respect to pulling metal out of the ground. What happened there is the miners finally won a 20% raise from at least one large mine. They say that the mining companies were barely making it before all of this, now with the loss of huge revenue due to the strikes, and paying 20% higher wages while their costs go up at least 33% (electricity) next year, it is possible some mines could stop mining until prices go up according to what I read online recently.

I only have a very small amount of PGMs and don't plan on buying anymore since I would rather get more silver if I had the money, but PGMs might have better returns next year than gold and silver if things keep going like they have been (ie manipulation, etc).

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I'll listen to you this time Jim on the PGM's Lol

keninkansas

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excall-ll,minelabe explorer se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was a report out about pennies(made for 3 cents,nickels 11 cents) being made out of different metals to save copper and nickel, strange they are the ones that are going up?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread