Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
...Coil you jokers!

And while I do know different sizes are good for different conditions, my question is this: I have a Teknetics t2 with 5" and 11" coils, but wondered if the 13" or 15" would give better overall performance. By overall performance I guess I mean nice performance over a broad variety of conditions.

I enjoy this Forum because it has so many knowledgable enthusiasts so, IYHO are the 13" dd ($180) and 15" dd($299) worth it and why?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typically the stock coil is for just that purpose.
Please take the time to read this article, It will answer all your questions and a boat load you have never even thought about asking. It is best to read it in 2 sittings, go hunting and then read it again in full.. You will be very much enlightened! Truth About Search Coils

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Typically the stock coil is for just that purpose. Please take the time to read this article, It will answer all your questions and a boat load you have never even thought about asking. It is best to read it in 2 sittings, go hunting and then read it again in full.. You will be very much enlightened! Truth About Search Coils

Awesome post, thank you!

Trevset

Mar 19, 2014
The larger coils are only better at gaining some depth. However, they do not do well in mineralized soil or in trashy areas.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depth and coverage is still an advantage....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions