Does size really matter?

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep hearing that the size of your target allows your detector to pick up things that are deeper. But where does the signal stop? If the target is 30 or 40 ft deep, it wouldn't matter if there was a flowing river of gold with pools of silver beneath your feet, no detector can go that deep, regardless of size...can it??
And lastly, is it easy to see that I don't own a metal detector...lol.
Just wondering?
Wishbone

Upvote 0

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, there is a limit, but to give you an idea as to how much the distance can vary by size, a detector/coil combo that can pick up a quarter in the air at 12 inches or so will sound off when pointed at a car 4 to 5 or more feet away. Farther than that is a lost cause.
luvsdux

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Luvsdux, I felt like an eight year old asking the question. If it's 4 or 5 in the air, even a whole car would have to be around 2 ft or less.
So the idea is to look for the gold veins little brother (the nugget), and keep digging.
Wishbone

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are all sorts of metal detectors.
I didn't realize how many "Treasure Hunting" detector type and technologies there are...

The P3 Orion, Navy Sub Hunter plane use a kind of metal detector to pick up the disturbance submarines have on the Earth's magnetic field.
The Soviets started building their subs out of Titanium to help reduce their submarines effect on the magnetic field.
Lockheed P-3 Orion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check this out: FAQ | White's Electronics

I know... ZZzzzz

Keep Digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread