Does the depth meter work in motion mode?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which Garrett are you asking about, the AT Pro? Most detectors the depth meter only works while in the pinpoint mode. To do other wise would have it bouncing around with each target and disc can not tell depth.

It is the same with the White's DFX.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
all the garretts i own(gti, gta, ace) the depth meter only works when pinpointing. one thing i did find out is when i bought the 5 inch excelerator coil for my gti 1500 i don't get any depth reading at all, it pinpoints fine. i'm guessing cause its not a factory coil.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about the Garretts, but on my Whites 6000 XL Pro, depth meter is really just a guess once it is pass 4 inches deep, too many variables in the soil...

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Actually, it will give a depth reading as you pass it over targets just like the GTI 2500. Try it.....run your coil over a surface target with the coil about 1" and see the depth reading. Now, raise the coil to about 5-6 " and you will see the change in depth shown in the window. But keep in mind that the depth reading accuracy will depend on how well the coil is centered on the target and the size of a target. Targets significantly larger or smaller will not give an accurate depth reading. And the Pro mode has proportional type audio response, which provides a full signal for the surface target and a diminished signal for the deeper signal, similar to modulated audio.

Attachments

• at_pro_international_controls[1]_(2).jpg
    at_pro_international_controls[1]_(2).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 214
  • at_pro_international_controls[1]_(2).jpg
    at_pro_international_controls[1]_(2).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops sorry. Yes I was talking about the AT Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread