jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer my Black Widow Stereo Headphones to Cordless Crap !! Big Mistake !!
I Purchased a Cordless set-up a few Years ago for my Explorer (Don't remember the Name brand)
Became completely Useless the Next Year when I tried to set it back up.

will never be fooled again. besides most brand headphones seen to be set up for perfect hearing

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not exactly, but they do make an adapter so you can use the 1/4" jack.
Connect 6.3mm (1/4-inch) headphones to your detector, WM 08 or WM 09 Module with this handy adaptor. The 3.5mm (1/8-inch) end forms a waterproof connection so that the cable can be submersed- note that the 6.3mm (1/4-inch) end is not waterproof.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know it's not Minelab, but FWIW, the over-the-ear WSAII-XLs that I got with my Dēus II are every bit as good (sound quality) as the wired KOSS phones I've had since the 70s. I was/am both surprised and impressed. I can't say the same for the WS6 but that could be my preference for over-the-ear phones.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer my Black Widow Stereo Headphones to Cordless Crap !! Big Mistake !!
I Purchased a Cordless set-up a few Years ago for my Explorer (Don't remember the Name brand)
Became completely Useless the Next Year when I tried to set it back up.

will never be fooled again. besides most brand headphones seen to be set up for perfect hearing
Not to change the subject but my Minelab vanquish 540 with the 1/8” jack does not have the power to use my old killerB headphones. A very faint sound. The cordless earphones are a pain, lots of wind noise. The rechargeable batteries are a pain.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm impressed with my Black Widows nice & Loud.
I Bought Grey Ghosts Tried them and they were useless.

Gave them away to my Nephew who had excellent hearing,
and after much research on Tnet & dread of throwing away another 150 bucks I Dove in & bought them. :coffee2:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took me a Year of Research to Dive in & Buy my first Minelab
(Sovereign Pro) in 1999 and several Explorer rebuilds to
switch away from the Sovereign permanently.
I Suppose it will be awhile Before I actually Switch to Manticore or Whatever. But as I Said above plug in Headphones are a Must for me. the download upgrades from the Net are still a big issue for me. & Fear of a Bad Download if glitched or power cut while it's happening still scare me :coffee2:

then there is the ease of Tuning . I'm not a coin mode , Gold Nugget or Beach hunting person.
I Like one Tuning gets all but iron ore type hunter :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took me a Year of Research to Dive in & Buy my first Minelab
(Sovereign Pro) in 1999 and several Explorer rebuilds to
switch away from the Sovereign permanently.
I Suppose it will be awhile Before I actually Switch to Manticore or Whatever. But as I Said above plug in Headphones are a Must for me. the download upgrades from the Net are still a big issue for me. & Fear of a Bad Download if glitched or power cut while it's happening still scare me :coffee2:

then there is the ease of Tuning . I'm not a coin mode , Gold Nugget or Beach hunting person.
I Like one Tuning gets all but iron ore type hunter :thumbsup:
I have had my kliierB s for 15 years. Trouble free. The vanquish with its 1/8” jack is the first that I have had that did not have the power to use them. I use them with the adapter on my quest x10 pro. Why are the new detectors cheaping out and using 1/8” jacks? I am with you about plug in headphones. I use some very old whites koss headphones on my vanquish. It powers them fine but too weak to power my killerB s. 👍

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to complain about the same thing in the 70s.
Then I found this obscure little store in a strip mall called, "RADIO SHACK" (Gad, I miss them... 😢)

These things were only a buck or 2 back then, but still commonly available, either way--1/4 to 1/8 or 1/8 to 1/4.

1713453742814.png

Unfortunately, won't help with the power mis-match; that might take a small in-line power amplifier/booster.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I found this obscure little store in a strip mall called, "RADIO SHACK" (Gad, I miss them... 😢)

These things were only a buck or 2 back then, but still commonly available, either way--1/4 to 1/8 or 1/8 to 1/4.

View attachment 2144266

Unfortunately, won't help with the power mis-match; that might take a small in-line power amplifier/booster.
Yea I Bought a Pile of Adapter Plugs Once, Not sure if it was a Yard sale Or Auction Purchase , Or even if I took them with me when I Moved :dontknow:

as for Radio Shack

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2144266

I used my stereo headphones for years ( make and model :dontknow:)for the White's detectors.
Radio Shack was a go to place to get the proper jack adapter.
Every once in a while the need for them arises and the "I miss them feeling happens"

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:

View attachment 2144266

Radio shack was a goldmine back them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions