Does the other half give you grief

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would have got grief from my wife, but I didn't start detecting until long after I kicked her can to the curb! :thumbsup:
Been just me and the boy for 12 years now, best decision I ever made.
I like being single, I clean my finds where I want and how I want. The coffee table in the living room also doubles as a workbench and gun cleaning table. Thought about building a vise I could attach to it when needed. Think of it this way, my whole house is a man cave!
I do date, but do not think I can ever be reformed enough to go back to married life. Maybe once the boy is out of the house?

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunny71 said:
I think I would have got grief from my wife, but I didn't start detecting until long after I kicked her can to the curb! :thumbsup:
Been just me and the boy for 12 years now, best decision I ever made.
I like being single, I clean my finds where I want and how I want. The coffee table in the living room also doubles as a workbench and gun cleaning table. Thought about building a vise I could attach to it when needed. Think of it this way, my whole house is a man cave!
I do date, but do not think I can ever be reformed enough to go back to married life. Maybe once the boy is out of the house?
I hear you loud and clear

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
metal mania said:
Just wondering if your partner gives you an ear bashing about wasting cash on a useless hobby being out all hours etc etc etc.

Of course mine doesn't shes an angel with a heart of gold Bobs does though.

Not to mention Bobs abduction :o

Michael in SC

May 16, 2005
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
Not really. She enjoys the fact that I like to go hit the beach early (before sunrise) so it doesn't really cut into "us time." Having said that, I do sometime arrive home tardy if I'm having a particularly good day and she will get a little bent out of shape. I'm just waiting on the day I bring home something big and shiny so she will be completely on the same page as me!

Michael

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw, she's pretty tolerant of it. She gets a good laugh when she eyeballs a coin when I'm swingin away in vain. "Mira, papi, SIN detector de metales!" On the other hand, I keep my silver and older finds in a separate jar in the bedroom. When we first got married she didn't really understand American coinage very well and she used my silver quarters for the laundry. Probably made somebody's day when they took the money out of the machines.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I started coming home with diamond rings she could wear she seem to stop objecting.

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
Mine always gives me grief.
She has become to attached to her xt-70 and now she has a snack and a few
drinks in the bag ready to go as soon as I come home from work. It does not
matter if I had a rough day she says here's a drink now lets go.
I created a hazard to my health if I do not take her detecting as much as possible.

My grief
Joe

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the only grief is now that I found a diamond ring, she wants to go with me LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
the only grief is now that I found a diamond ring, she wants to go with me LOL

Did you give her the ring? LOL, maybe you need to get her her own detector.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I still have the ring, and I do have a MD for her, but when she found out, I won't dig the hole for her, she wasn't all that ready to go. go figure

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the ground in Kansas has been known to be rather hard in the dead of summer when it hasn't rained in weeks. ;D

Of course you turned the ring into the local authorities and paid money for them to advertize locally for 6 months to find the owner before keeping it...
lol-cartoon-ag1.gif

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, All coin find there, NO Grief There ! I Go were I want and when I want ! My wife Dose Not Rule Me , No Woman Rule Me ! . and that the way it is... :hello2: :hello2: :wink: :wink:

RitaPA.

Mar 14, 2009
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The other side of the coin...so to speak.My husband does pout that I spend more time lately detecting then with him.He goes with me occasionally but he gets bored.I have tried to find places he would enjoy.Places to fish etc. but if the fish aren't biting and I'm still swinging ....lets just say its tense. :wink: I have pointed out that supper is ready when he comes back from his "hunting" trips and I feel he should do the same for me.It doesn't matter I'm keeping my coil to the soil regardless. :argue:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the red head says she has no problem with me huntin ,normaly she is the one saying you should get out an go , she allways inspects my finds an gives her opinion when I walk in the door an she brags about my finds every so often an she got her first keeper ring so its all good ,she has played with my detector a lil in the river an said it was fun.lol tho she did at first say my metal detecting was cheaper than my Harley's but latly she thinks she may be wrong lol.....she says as long as I'm happy an enjoying myself its all good .....gotta luv that huh guys .

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Honestly Tank, she might be like some of us, wishing you'd wear some pants.

chuckle, chuckle

lastleg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread