Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in the great state of Texas are you?

As a rule it does not bother me, I check any signage before I enter the park with a detector. No sign and I proceed, If I see a sign I move on. If in the absence of a sign and I get harassed by a park worker I move on. Not worth the time or trouble.

There are too many other spots to even concern myself with some fiefdoms gatekeeper..

With 268820 square miles in Texas I already have more space then time to hunt in my lifetime.

HH

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I made the mistake of asking and for a while I did not go in my own city. Since then, I found out that they usually don't say anything to me, and I see the park people all the time. Yes, I called. Silly me. Others are there all the time, but I don't see any holes, so I try to honor the no digging. I am in N. Texas. The park I am referring to has a lot of coins(clad) and keeps me plenty busy, but still I pass over so many that are 4-8 inches. One park worker told me he didn't like to see md'ers in the park because one park had 43 holes. I assured him, it would not be me......so, we're good.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I live in a medium size town, but I e mailed the parks dept asking about hunting parks, if the response was no, I would ask for ordinance numbers to verify. Normally the end result is there is nothing on the books that prevents people from hunting the parks. Print it out, and carry it with you.

Best of luck,
Bill

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
Be glad you not in central Texas.
Austin parks No.
Travis county parks NO.
UT NO.
LCRA NO.
Glad i have lots of farms to search.
MIke

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
manorman said:
Be glad you not in central Texas.
Austin parks No.
Travis county parks NO.
UT NO.
LCRA NO.
Glad i have lots of farms to search.
MIke
You might consider leaving austin, and relocating to the beautiful Brazos Valley. On the banks of the Brazos, there are a bunch of friendly people, who wear maroon and white, always yellin' "GIG'EM", and "HOWDY". There are a lot of places to hunt, and people don't normally say no.

Best of luck, and GIG'EM!!!

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
I'm not much of a park hunter but all San Antonio city parks are off limits. There are too many TX Republic Army and TX CW relics in the ground to mess with parks IMO.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy - I am visting my GF's family for Christmas and brought the etrac... I guess I should have done more research beforehand because all parks around here are off limits. I am going through withdrawls big time as all my Illinois friends have been digging silver all week!

I found the location of some settlements around the Austin area but they are now part of Austin and have been turned into urban sprawl.

HH y'all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread