Does this happen to anyone else?

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Ok, so I got to thinking today. Whenever I hunt with other people, my finds are ALWAYS better. Never been skunked on a group/multi-person hunt. Otoh, whenever I hunt alone, my finds suck. Anyone else have this happen to them? It's getting to the point where I don't want to go hunting by myself anymore, as it's just not as much fun :( ...

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
For me, most my (75%) hunting is done alone. I have been lucky with others and skunked with others. For me, I value both kinds of hunts. Since my job is heavily relational, I cherish the alone time sometimes. On the other hand, I have had fun hunts with others and have learned from others and enjoy being with others. So for me its more state of mind. Sometimes I am just looking to get away from the world for awhile, those are the days its good to be alone. I really needed alone time today.

That being said, I've just read Spooky's post and share his sentiment about sometimes not feeling at peace being alone. But when I am alone, I try hard to go places where no one will see me and I will see no one. If I were to hunt a park or more public area, definitely want others around.

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
p2c said:
For me, most my 75% hunting is done alone. I have been lucky with others and skunked with others. For me, I value both kinds of hunts. Since my job is heavily relational, I cherish the alone time sometimes. On the other hand, I have had fun hunts with others and have learned from others and enjoy being with others. So for me its more state of mind. Sometimes I am just looking to get away from the world for awhile, those are the days its good to be alone. I really needed alone time today.

That being said, I've just read Spooky's post and share his sentiment about sometimes not feeling at peace being alone. But when I am alone, I try hard to go places where no one will see me and I will see no one. If I were to hunt a park or more public area, definitely want others around.

Yeah....I had 3 or 4 people ask me questions today (or at least try to) or make stupid comments. Several others just stared. It gets really annoying after a while...

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
No, haven't noticed that

my finds tend to suck anyway

people think less of me

there's a wren with a call that sounds a lot like psychotic laughter constantly nearby.

But hey thanks for the heads up! Lemme know when you get out to Elgin, we'll work on that self esteem!

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't hunted with anyone else yet. This year I will because it just sounds like
alot of fun. Reading the posts and meeting most of you makes the hobby more interesting. Either way nothing beats being outside and never knowing what you will find next. DFW

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could hunt either way. As for finding better or more stuff with groups, most of us that hunt in groups (packs) :laughing7:, whenever 1 person finds something that lets everyone know that the site has seen some activity. You may find some coins this way but if you take the time and find a spot alone then you get to keep all the coins for your self rather than having everyone converge on top of you. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Lowbatts said:
No, haven't noticed that

my finds tend to suck anyway

people think less of me

there's a wren with a call that sounds a lot like psychotic laughter constantly nearby.

But hey thanks for the heads up! Lemme know when you get out to Elgin, we'll work on that self esteem!

Thanks 'batts!! I have another week of vacation (my last for this year) coming up in about a month (just after Easter). Perhaps I can make the trek out to Elgin then, and you can introduce me to some primo sites out your way.... ;D .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread