Does this qualify as my first find?

JoeB45

Greenie
Jan 1, 2012
Branch County, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing a lot of research and reading the posts on this website I realized my 30 yr old Radio Shack detector probably wasn't going to provide a satisfactory experience. After cruising craigslist for the past week I picked up a Garrett Ace 250 today for $100. Have not had it in the field yet, but from watching the videos on youtube I think I scored. Can't wait to use it.

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first, find :icon_scratch: I think it would pass at that price.. Now make it a game and se how long it will take you to make your original purchase of $100 back.. Have fun :headbang:

Cranman

Dec 1, 2011
Central NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd consider that a decent deal, I'm about ready to order one new for $212 I think from Kellyco, so for less than 1/2 price that seems like a good deal. Plus if you hit some good spots it could pay for itself in no time!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Great deal. I see most used Ace 250's going for $150+ if they are well taken care of. I'd buy a second for $100 in a heartbeat.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEA.....a great first find. And didn't have to get your hands dirty, or get stung by bees....or get the itches from pushing
nettles.....or have to dig "around" a pile of dog doo-doo to get your treasure. YEP.....you did all right for first time.
Am waiting to hear what finds your first find finds for you.......(is that good English?)
Have a funtastic 2012!!!! :thumbsup:

SeatedorBust

Nov 5, 2011
Carthage, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/ SunRay Probe Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's only a "GOOD BUY" if you get out there and use it!! :laughing7: good luck to you! and happy hunting.... May silver fill your pockets! ;D ;D :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
J

JoeB45

Greenie
Jan 1, 2012
Branch County, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Point SeatedorBust. I've actually been able to get out twice with it. Even though I haven't found anything of value yet, my 2nd outing was much better.

Had a lot of false signals the 1st outing. Read a lot on here and readjusted the sensitivity for the 2nd outing. Even though it was junk, I at least found something in the hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread