Carrollton, GA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Garret AT MAX
Garrett ATX
Minelab GTX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to spring maid pier in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on staturday, and found out the beach was very well maintained or had been hunted very heavily. There were not many targets so that is why we only found 93 cents 🤣. The most interesting find was what looked like a dog tag about 4 inches down right on the dry sand and wet sand border. I cleaned it up and the more and more I looked at it. It started looking less like a dog tag. Any and all suggestions to what it is are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    969.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 107

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen lots of necklace charms that are fashioned in the style of military dog tags. I've seen names, initials, quotes, and religious icons to name a few. I'm sure it's something along those lines, but it's too toasted to tell for sure

Upvote 0

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen lots of necklace charms that are fashioned in the style of military dog tags. I've seen names, initials, quotes, and religious icons to name a few. I'm sure it's something along those lines, but it's too toasted to tell for sure

Yup .. that style was quite popular in the 1960's - I guess to make a statement!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ga_Farm_Hunter

Ga_Farm_Hunter

May 7, 2017
Carrollton, GA
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Garret AT MAX
Garrett ATX
Minelab GTX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I'll say it was a dog tag from the general public that was lost one day on a beach. Thanks for the information.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread