DOH!!! At Least I Found It....

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess what i found today? My ProPointer,I thought i had left it behind while visiting family in MI and decided to purchase a new Minelab Pro-Find Pinpointer from Tom at Miller MDZ,Today i get all my gear together and ready for tomorrow because the forecast in Grundy VA is calling for sunshine and middle 70 temps.I go to knock the mud off of my rubber boots and when i turn them upside down,You guessed it,The propointer falls out in my hand,lol.Ive looked everywhere for this damn thing,Tore the truck apart,turned my pack inside out,checked an rechecked my jacket pockets,Looked everywhere for it and finally just considered it gone, but the entire time.............It was sitting outside the backdoor inside of my rubber wading boots.I guess the silver lining in this is that i have been wanting to try out the profind in my ground for sometime now anyways,This was the boost i needed to go ahead and justify ordering it.In the long run im kinda glad i lost the propointer because its justified telling my wife why i spent more money on toys and helped me take the leap of ordering the minelab pinpointer,But at the same time im also glad that i found it because i will have a dependable backup beyond the old cen-tech i have been using lately.

Now hopefully i will be able to find something worth sharing with you guys and everything will be perfect once again.

HH John,When all else fails,Check inside of your boots!!

Upvote 4

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
O.k. i,ll quit looking now.
You need a pinpointer pointer outer.:laughing7:
Great find though,happy hunting!

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,at least the minelab will beep for five minutes before powering off if you sit it down somewhere,Will make it a little bit harder for me to lose it out in the field lol.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don,t dare say i could never lose a detector. Have not had to back track for it.....yet.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a Minelab guy and I think you'll like the Garrett ProPointer better--so I'm glad you found it. Try them out side-by-side and let us know what you think! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
LuckyThirteen08

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I most certainly will Erik in NJ,Just waiting on the mail man!!!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I didn't see you was from Buchanan I never heard of Grundy before but looked it up and saw it was in Buchanan. I have actually spent 2 weeks relic hunting around Buchanan along the James River there! as you know the confederates used Buchanan for a depot in agriculture supply and other type of shipments for the confederates would have been brought there as well.. There are plenty of places along the James in and around Buchanan that was used for storage,etc during the war.. I cant even believe how many confederate spurs we found hunting near the James in Buchanan for some odd reason it was like spurs were just everywhere.. i think we walked out of there with more spurs then we did anything else! but there didnt seem to be awful lot of confederate relics in Buchanan compared too some other places but I am sure there are spots near the James that could produce some good hot spots.. I know lot of the spots we hit next to the James was covered in such much iron and nails and is pretty tough detecting when you hit lot of spots like that. I do still have old maps of that area and where lot of the shipping was stored,etc. I do not know if you have these maps or not they may or may not be down @ a library or historic society in Buchanan.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread