Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

As a newcomer to metal-detecting and this forum, I wanted to say thanks for all of your help over the past few months. You guys & gals have been invaluable regarding information and encouragement. I feel like I am off to a terrific start in a hobby that I am sure I will continue for many years. I started late in the year - September to be exact - and have been lucky enough to have some very good finds in a short period of time. Here in Indiana, snow is on the ground and the freeze has set in, so I'm calling it quits for the season.

Here are my totals for 2010:
61 Quarters (1 silver)
112 Dimes
2- Mercury Dimes (1938)(1942)
1- Barber Dime (1902)
1- Indian Head Penny (1896)
40 - Nickels (5 silver)
450- Pennies
19 - Wheaties
8 - Tokens
3 - Silver Rings
1- 1936 Buffalo Nickel Encased Fob
1- Eagle I Button
1- AOUW Button

If you would like to see the many relics and coins I have found, please check out my website at http://www.trashandtreasure.weebly.com

Thanks again to everyone. Have a great holiday, a properous New Year and HAPPY HUNTING!

~Indiana Digger~

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
glad you had such a good start ID!! great hobby good people lots of fun especially when the finds pop out i had an AWESOME year also new to t-net also great site all good people into the hobby in there own way just like t-hunting sometimes you come home on empty and then those times that keeps ya going back getting frozen here also hope to get more in bought me a new hand pick hasen't come in yet my old one i found down the bottom of my well finely broke after 12 years not going to replace the handle because i wore both ends down over inch got to short hope to see some more of your finds before thaw scott

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a really great start. Just think what the new year will bring. You did well sir :thumbsup:
Happy Holidays
TnMtns

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a Great Year!
My first also, and am looking forward to getting out more before the deep freeze :thumbsup:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds, and real nice website

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good looking totals!!! MR TUFF

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a newbie, (or anyone really, but newbie esp.) and in a short time, I think you are off to a great beginning with an Indian, a buffalo, and 4 silvers.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start in this great hobby. It is good that you had some success this year right off the bat. Many people buy a metal detector, don't find much the first couple times out, and quit.
With this hobby, you get out of it what you put into it (and more) :thumbsup:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a very productive rookie season!!! Next year will be even better :headbang:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
welcome to the insanity of detecting :laughing7: a great year despite your late start.wishing you all the best in 2011!
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread