Done for the year.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont forget to take the batterys out.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So soon? Is is too cold up there already? I lived down in the thumb area from 1985 to 1993. In between Brown City & Yale. I think about all the places that I'd love to detect if I were back up there. Yep, I do..... Well, have a good winter & enjoy the snow.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Spots are drying up and we don't have access to many areas to detect. It's actually forbidden in our town. It's still warm up here though, too warm lately.

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thats a bummer bro, I didnt know they banned detecting in your town ???? Have not heard of that in Michigan, what a load I think I would be pissed myself. Have you ever gone over to Grand Marai and tried there? I understand the French founded that town in the 1500's or was it the 1600''s.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang bro you guys cant call it quits yet not when that camp ground is still producing

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Well thats a bummer bro, I didnt know they banned detecting in your town ???? Have not heard of that in Michigan, what a load I think I would be pissed myself. Have you ever gone over to Grand Marai and tried there? I understand the French founded that town in the 1500's or was it the 1600''s.

Grand Marais is quite a haul from here in Gladstone, probably would be a good spot though.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
dang bro you guys cant call it quits yet not when that camp ground is still producing

It's a lot of work now to even find a wheatie in that campground. I'm annoyed today..maybe that's why I don't have any interest in detecting.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstriking Michigan said:
It's a lot of work now to even find a wheatie in that campground. I'm annoyed today..maybe that's why I don't have any interest in detecting.

Well hopefully everything works out and you can find some virgin ground somewhere close its too early in the season to call it quits

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, take care and see you next year then (after we win the election-not starting anything, don't anyone reply!!!)

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow sorry to read that they ban detecting. I am at a loss to understand why. The guys I know cover their holes and take away their trash. I mean are there that many people out there that don't do this??
Its not like a "sports park" is some dang ecological or archeological significant site. If it were then they should have done something about it years ago before,,, they let the public fill it up with bottle tops and pull tabs.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Coinstriking I slept on it last night and have decided that you are not allowed to stop. :nono: Enjoy you being here too much. I hope you understand. Now get out and hunt.......All kidding aside hope some time, some research, or something else gets your fire lit and ya get back after it. Best of luck bigun.:crybaby2:

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know how coinstriking feels.(not to encourage him further) Down here in the south, in the Piedmont area of NC that is, it's hard hunting. In my county, all the schools have no trespassing signs. The local parks are HEAVILY hunted although you never see another person hunting. Getting permission from people with the price of gold AND the bad economy is next to impossible at best. The beaches are over 120 miles from here and hunted mercilessly. My last outing netted 3 clad pennies for a 6 hour hunt at the beach and 240 mile+ round trip. We have historical sites (Averasboro, Bentonville) near me that are, of course, off limits. Couple all that with the fact you need heavy duty bug repellent for the gnats and mosquitoes, you kinda tend to say "why bother"? In my case others say, "just find new places to hunt", "do better research", "just don't give up, it'll get better!" These "encouragements" are fine when THEY are still finding keepers. I have been where Coinstriking is and it's not a lot of fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Well my hiatus didn't last long. Went out with our club president today to an island in the middle of the Escanaba River. The MEAD paper corporation use to have their company picnics on it years ago. He got two wheaties, I got a 1918 Merc, 1929 Buffalo and a 1950 Wheatie. My bro got a 1898 Barber quarter out of there last week.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your directly southeast from us up here. there should be some glacial float copper down their to look for, gravel pits so forth.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
your directly southeast from us up here. there should be some glacial float copper down their to look for, gravel pits so forth.

We find float copper all the time along with copper artifacts. We don't find big enough pieces to make any money on though....normally they are coin size pieces.

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you! We don't find that kind of goodies here in NC.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you! We don't find that kind of goodies here in NC.

I wish we could get some of those New England colonial finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread