Done For The Year

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like my water detecting is done for the year. Bummer....... Tomorrow we are looking at 9-12" of snow north of Green Bay followed by a week of a Polar Vortex. I can never remember a snow storm this big this early.

My season wasn't too bad. I found 2 gold rings, 2 silver rings, 2 silver necklaces, and a fair amount of titanium rings. Also lots of junk rings, earings, and tons of clad. Oh, forgot to mention, if bottle caps ever become valuable I am gonna be rich! The problem this year was I spent the first half of my season land detecting.

Next year my focus is gonna shift to all water. The only time I will land detect is in the spring when there is still ice on the lakes and rivers or if I have just a quick hour to get some hunting in. I really envy you southern folks who can hunt year round! I have to admit we chuckle when you say the water is cold!

Now my focus shifts to the kids wrestling season. With three kids in wrestling we are on the run all winter to weekend tournaments and practices four days a week. The youngest ones have already started training for the season and we will be wresting in a different town, usually twice a weekend until Easter. This helps keep my mind off of detecting.

I will of course be reading the forums and looking at all your great finds! Take care and happy hunting!

Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have a warm winter.......and enjoy the beat down your boys put on the cubs tonight.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen that arctic plunge that's coming our way. Were the gold rings just w.b. or better? Water is getting to the point of unbearable but warm to you most likely. Glad u had some great Items come your way. I learned my lesson to, soon as the warm comes on and people are getting wet I'm in! Hope next season you triple your water finds! Good luck on the wrestling season!

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen that arctic plunge that's coming our way. Were the gold rings just w.b. or better? Water is getting to the point of unbearable but warm to you most likely. Glad u had some great Items come your way. I learned my lesson to, soon as the warm comes on and people are getting wet I'm in! Hope next season you triple your water finds! Good luck on the wrestling season!

Both rings were 14k. One at 9 grams the other at 5 grams.

Last week the water temp was at 42 degrees. I just wear light weight waders with several warm layers below. I made it 3-4 hours at that temp and was chilled, but not cold.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you northern guys...congrats on your finds and keep warm.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Double check:

I feel sorry for you guys but not your football team.
I feel sorry for you guys but not your football team.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread