Done Whining and the MD gods have humbled me and given me "Joy"..

kntutt

Mar 3, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Done Whining and the MD gods have humbled me and given me "Joy"..

I took the advice from most of you and went out to where the Kilns were and a Park next to it. I don't know if it ever gets detected but I decided to give it a try. The park is to new to find any old items however I might see if the town will let me do some detecting in the historic area. The detector was going off every few feet but I took my time so as not to disturb the ground to much and replaced the ground around anything that I dug up.

Back to the Park... My first find was a quarter. Over all I found basic clad, a quarter, a dime and five pennies. I also found a nail, three bottle caps and a bolt that I gave this neat kid who was walking his dog and watching me.

Now you know that I did not find much "joy" in this activity as posted a few days ago in my whining post. However the MD gods figured that they would make me find joy in this whether I liked it or not. See the picture below. I am wondering if the "Joy" is real silver. I scratched the back with a pin and it seems like silver and looks like it. It is a bit heavier than I thought it should be, another good indication. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Attachments

• 2arbany park first finds.jpg
    2arbany park first finds.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
S

Scots Gaelic

Re: Done Whining and the MD gods have humbled me and given me "Joy"..

Excellent you have found more than me in the past 2 weeks, 'cause I do not consider zinc pennies clad or money (when even the banks won't take them back).

This is what I think of zink pennies - :violent1:

In regards to "joy" try some toothpaste and a brush, if it's silver "she" will shine real pretty like.

OP
OP
kntutt

kntutt

Mar 3, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite

I used some Wrights silver cream on it and it did seem to shine up a bit. Maybe my first silver is some sought of trinket. Has anyone ever seen silver pieces like this with a name in them? What are they for? Are they some sought of rubbing jewelry for luck or stress?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

lol glad you found joy in MDing :thumbsup: congrats on your finds :)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it gets better :)

nice finds,

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread