which part of the country are you in
i average like 2 silver per box in my neck of the woods

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Depends on where the boxes come from. I try to stick to customer hand rolled dimes. I have learned the banks that get a steady supply and get a silver every 200 or so. Sometimes more. I would stick to hand rolled man.

Golden Silver

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
i'm in agreement with golden silver, I always prefer the handrolls...never know when you're going to get the excitement of a solid silver dime roll!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The tellers here pull the silver from the customer dimes, I think they may have too much time on their hands, lol. ffd

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Every bank here has a coin counter sos nobody has to roll coin to cash it in so hand rolls aren't really around. I had been averaging one a box up till a month ago- my guess is others started hunting and there's a bunch of dumping going on and it all just got boxed up. I know of a dozen other half hunters here and thats the same deal= large cycles of skunks from all the dumps. Just venting haha.
HH all, Mark

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
try and get the bank to sell you a bag of dimes from their coin counter machine. i always have better luck with those. the bags hold 1K

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wierd, I average 3 dimes per box and none of my banks take rolled coins only loose then its sent through the coin counter. Halfs on the other hand around here aren't even worth searching, I do 8 or 10 boxes and just get 1 or 2 40%'rs. :tongue3:

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Mark, just give it all up. If it were me, I would just send all your money to charity and give up. There are no more dimes out there. IMHO just quit. That's my 2 cents worth. "Mr. Positive"

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
coolpix9 said:
Oh Mark, just give it all up. If it were me, I would just send all your money to charity and give up. There are no more dimes out there. IMHO just quit. That's my 2 cents worth. "Mr. Positive"
Everybody is a comedian. The halves are paying so good this last week I shouldn't been screwin with the dimes anyways- and I won't from now on. Got a sale pending (local) for 30 rolls of Log cabins for $2/, when he calls ME back I'm gonna offer him my box of railsplitters at the same rate, then I'm gonna tell him about the last box of the lincoln memorials in existance and offer him a screamin deal of $200 for the lot, How's that for bein positive? BTW I checked out the charity and they said I had to sell all my silver first :P HH all, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread