Donelson Hunt = Fun Day

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Had a great time at the Donelson hunt. It's not often you get to find this many targets in a few hours time. I'll be going again. Here are a bunch of pics I took.

Here is a picture of the first huge hunt field we had to dectect.
Picture002-1.jpg

It didn't seem quite so large after everyone jumped onto the field and started swinging. This was just a few of the detectors on one side of me. Imagine many many more on all four sides of the hunt field.
Picture005.jpg

Here is one of J.D. and Ramjet admiring some finds made by our Missouri pals. Or maybe they were having fun over the handfuls of aluminum pop rivets that were dug. They sounded just like a button so you had to dig the darn things.
Picture003.jpg

Upvote 0

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun

OP
OP
Gribnitz

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Here is the whole motley crew together. It was a lot of fun with these gents, can't meet a better group of folk.
Picture008.jpg

My loot for the day. My find belt was pulling my pants down after about an hour into each hunt. There are I believe 79 bullets in there, fired, dropped, pulled, round, minies, enfields, pistol balls and bullets, lots and lots of variety. It was a good haul and I have run out of display room for them all. Gotta pick and choose for a while what goes in the cases.
Picture015.jpg

My non-bullet finds are below. Several frags from parrot and cannon balls, one piece has the threads where the fuse plug went in. Some Indain head pennies, a buffalo nickel, and some wheat cents. Also found about 6 buttons, couple eagles, few flats and a real pretty S/B button I have no idea what it is. I'll have to post it for PBK to take look at.
Picture016.jpg

Last but not least I won a hat, a T-Shirt, a subscription to a magazine and another hat donated by J.D. since he don't wear hats :)

Roger, thanks for the hospitality and the laughs while we stayed over at your place. It was great fun and hopefully we can all do it again soon.

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Hey,Grib-nice bunch of finds!Looks like you guys had a great time.WTG!If you need a place to store those bullets I'll help ya out,lol.Take care

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWWWW.... :-\ Dang! I should'a went to that hunt! :D I miss ya''ll! :)

Looks like some great finds with some great friends!

Thanks for sharing and posting the pics Grib!

Nana :)

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
thats a good number of bullets grib..looks like it was fun congrats on the cool finds

OP
OP
Gribnitz

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
DigMO said:
Hey,Grib-nice bunch of finds!Looks like you guys had a great time.WTG!If you need a place to store those bullets I'll help ya out,lol.Take care

Being from SW Missouri, I am sure those bullets jump out of the ground into your pouch :) But if you don't have one yet, PM and I'll mail ya one.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Great digs and wonderful pics. Looks like you guys had a great time. Do you pay an entry fee to hunt? is it a competition I think someone earlier said that a relic store sponsored it,may have to try and get down there net year.

OP
OP
Gribnitz

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
shootist said:
Great digs and wonderful pics. Looks like you guys had a great time. Do you pay an entry fee to hunt? is it a competition I think someone earlier said that a relic store sponsored it,may have to try and get down there net year.

Yes, it was more or less a competition hunt. There were prize tokens buried with numbers on them to win prizes. Your detector more or less had to be broken not to find anything at all. There is a fee, but it's reasonable for the great time and amount of stuff to be found. I sure hope John has it again, it was a fun long weekend.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
It's nice to see more of the members of TNET get together and have a great hunt and fun time along with some terrific finds.WTG guys.

mobrigade

Feb 23, 2005
Missouri
Gribnitz,

I didn't get to see the pic, Dad and I sure enjoyed the hunt with ya'll, I like my spurs. Dad and I ended up with 123 bullets together, a spur apiece, and bunch of brass. Send me that pick, if you wouldn't mind.....Hoooraaah for Missouri!

mobrigade

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grand slam grib
see not all bullets ;)

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
What fun! I wish I could go group hunting like that! Lots of great finds too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread