Dont come any closer!!! Im gonna do it!!! Dont try to stop me!!

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't come any closer!!! I'm gonna do it!!! Don't try to stop me!!

Okay, I did it.

After agonizing the decision for weeks and reading EVERY piece of literature I could find,

I ordered at CTX3030 today.

Gonna jump from a Whites Prizm to a new CTX.

When I take up something new, I jump in butt deep :headbang:

I think I need to lie down. So dizzy

WM

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wyomingmedic

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice.

I HOPE I'm going into it with a decent attitude. Basically I am bracing for a God awful learning curve. I certainly expect to want to throw the thing across the field a few times.

I'm a little pooched here though. There are essentially no active MDers around here. No clubs/groups/people that I can lean of for support. Most of my hobbies are like that however and I rely heavily upon the internet to fill that void. I have connected with 4 other folks in the entire state who MD casually, but that is about it.

My plan is just as you described, hit the local parks and yards to get the feel for a new machine. Before I venture into the back woods where I want to hunt, I would like to understand exactly what I am doing.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna need as much as I can get.

WM

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were like me, that hardest part was actually making a decision on which machine to get and finally pulling the trigger on the purchase! The detector will be a learning curve but not as bad as I thought it would be. Read the manuals several times along with some field use and you'll be fine.

The Punisher

Feb 6, 2013
Elkin NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Garrett CXiii
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man I would give ....... for a Minelab CTX! Those are AWESOME detectors, and one day when I grow up (still wet behind the ears) one will be mine.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Breath slowly into a brown paper bag to prevent hyperventilation. Now, when you get it, practice, practice, practice. Happy Hunting.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the Minelab web site and download the owners manual. They only have a quick guide in the box so you will have to download it anyways. Then read it a few times.
Keep an open mind, rehunt all your old sites and have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread