Dont forget the coke machines

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Re: Don't forget the coke machines

I will call you smart i do the same thing a don't forget the coin return i look all the time found fifty cents today and five cent on the ground tax free money . RON

Talos

Dec 10, 2004

I do the same thing at the high school. There are usually quarters lurking there. Rather than explain, I just tell 'em that I dropped something if a person comes along.

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II

I work at a manufacturing company where the hourly employees aren't paid much over minimum wage.

Soda in a bottle cost $1.25. My self and a couple of other member of middle management have taken to using the "coke" machine in the employee break room and "forgetting" to retrieve the .75 left over in the change drop.

Yep, coke machines can be a gold mine to some.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't forget to look under your dryer when you get home,I found over $5 in change when I moved mine for some cleaning. :laughing7:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Produce Guy said:
Don't forget to look under your dryer when you get home,I found over $5 in change when I moved mine for some cleaning. :laughing7:
:'( All I ever find are dust bunnies :tongue3:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like to stop at various laundra-mats. Put a $20 in the change machine, then when I get home, I pick out all of the '65, '66, '67, '68, and '69 quarters.

Hey, 40% silver!! Also, I look in the washers that are not in use, several days ago, I found a fancy gold ring, just as the owner came back in looking for it. I stuck it in my pocket and didn't say a word.

Just kidding. ;D I asked what he had lost, he described the ring and I gave it to him. You should have seen how his face brighten up. :hello2:

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer

Eagle,

It's my understanding that only the 65, 66, 67, 68, & 69 Kennedy half dollar is 40% silver. Quarters for those years are standard clad, not 40% silver.

Semper Fi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread