Dont Know Where Else to Ask About My Quarters

hayhauler

Mar 31, 2010
Don't Know Where Else to Ask About My Quarters

I remember the first time I saw a state quarter, I thought that was cool.
I started putting every one I got in a quart jar. Over time I had to move
them to a half gallon jar. So, I kept every one that I could get through
the day with, since that first one. Now I have a gallon (a little over thirty
pounds) of state quarters.

Might be a few bicentennials in there, maybe even a couple of regular
quarters. A lot of times I did my sorting right before I went to bed,
without my glasses. But I would say it's a gallon pickle jar and the contents
is 99% state quarters. I'm wondering if these have any value more than
face value and if there is a "best" way to go about selling them?

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Re: Don't Know Where Else to Ask About My Quarters

No extra value in these quarters. Sorry... They made gazillions of these things. Turn them in at the bank for some folding money and go have a nice dinner somewhere... Good luck!

I should mention that there are a couple of doubled die varieties to look for. One is on the Wisconsin and another minor one is on the Minnesota.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GPURS said:
No extra value in these quarters. Sorry... They made gazillions of these things. Turn them in at the bank for some folding money and go have a nice dinner somewhere... Good luck!

I should mention that there are a couple of doubled die varieties to look for. One is on the Wisconsin and another minor one is on the Minnesota.

I would agree with the above and in addition to that the way our currency is falling it's probably only worth $0.22 cents as we speak ;D

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202

You could always turn them into the bank and use that money to do some coin roll hunting.

OP
OP
H

hayhauler

Mar 31, 2010

Oh well, I never really expected them to have anything other than face value. I guess I'll roll them and make each of my kids a collection that has one of each, if I have one of each, then take them to the bank. Didn't want to do anything I would regret later, though.

Thanks for the replies.

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005

Same goes for the bicentennials. I still occassionally run across people who grab every one they see. One guy told me he had several water jugs full of them and they are going to be worth a lot of money. He got short with me when I told him that they are worth exactly 25 cents each and if he saves them for another 50 years they might be worth 25 cents each. I told him to take them to a coin shop and find out fer yerself.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

A good rule of thumb is that anything that is advertised as "collectible" or for "collectors" is usually not. Truly collectible stuff tends to just happen and develop a life of it's own and needs no promotion... Just my opinion....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GPURS said:
A good rule of thumb is that anything that is advertised as "collectible" or for "collectors" is usually not. Truly collectible stuff tends to just happen and develop a life of it's own and needs no promotion... Just my opinion....

I would agree, those bicentennials and state coins may be worth something in 100-200 years, if you can wait :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
H

hayhauler

Mar 31, 2010

I try to hang onto Bicentiennials, because I graduated from highschool in '76, and they have a little "sentimental value." I usually lose or spend them eventually. I didn't want to just spend these and find out later that they were actually worth more than a quarter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread