Dont show me that!

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't show me that!

I was at work. It was a typical day at work. Then a customer came on my line and paid cash for their order. And they went to get change. This is where things weren't so typical. I heard a half dollar, and no plain clad half dollar either. This was silver. I caught myself getting excited. Then she pours out her coins and there it is in plain sight. The most beautiful shade of white I've ever seen. I was go.coming to ask if she wanted to get rid of it because of how annoying they can be. But before I could say a word she takes it back and says oh no not that one... NOOOOOOO! Why?

Upvote 0

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another way females play games with men ;)

Just kidding!
Give the girl props she knows her silver!

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope she knows it was silver and not just a half dollar. She could be one of the ones who think half dollars are uncommon and wanted to save it just for the novelty of having a 'rare' coin. But why would she keep it in with her other coins? That's what I don't get. Never would I throw a silver coin in with other coins. I have a special pocket for all my special coins. Don't want there to be any chance it accidentally gets spent, lost, or thrown in a coin machine somewhere. That's just me

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Man... i would have just asked her to spend it

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's always fun when people don't even look at their change and hand it to you. I got a good bit of old dollar bills, wheaties, war nickels, and silver dimes that way. :laughing7:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she was probrably playing a trick on you, but you never know. better luck next time!
buff

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is probably one of those tellers that take great pleasure in getting you all excited then just say no!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think she was a cashier. Only reason I'm guessing that is because she had a t shirt for some liquor store in. So there's a good chance she got the coin from someone and had to go food shopping after work... Or she could have just been one of those evil tellers lol

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm driving I keep my silver in a special compartment (much like an ash tray) until I get home.
But when I first pick it up, I put it in my pocket with my other coins- I always date check before I spend anything. She may have just received it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions