All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You do all the work of getting a permission , the home owner says its never bin metal detected, you notice the detector is very quiet, then the neighbor comes out and after a good conversation about history of the property they say HAHA your not the first person to detect that place theirs bin a few before you.... :BangHead: :laughing7:

In my 40+ yrs. of this, I have had that happen many times. Someone will say : "... And no one's ever md'd here before". Yet I know for a fact it's been detected before. Like by people I know, or me myself years earlier :)

And humorously, these statements will come from long-time owners or managers of said-property. Who will adamantly swear by it. Because, in their mind's eyes, they would certainly know. But they are simply unaware that someone else in the family, who answered the door, years earlier, said "yes" to someone else. Or the parishioner or club member who has a detector, felt it was no big deal. Since, ... after all, he's a dues paying member . Or ... quite frankly .... someone(s) in the past just ... uh ... helped themselves.

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It musta bin good because that place was cleaned out, lol i found 3 cents in the drive way modern of course, figured the farm to be 1880s....

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when your buddy wants to detect with you but never has any of his own permissions.... then feels left out when you hit permissions when hes at work lol..

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really love it when you ask the guy "do you mind if I metal detect your property"... and he says "sure I don't mind go ahead".

And while your digging a guy comes from another area and says "WTF are you doing.. I own this property". :/

I learned that asking... "do you own this property" is ALSO a fundamental question.... as odd as it sounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread