Dontcha just love those hallelujah signals?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just trying to grab a fix today, clad, etc.
The day was pretty fair, the ground only slightly frozen
in places.

When LO & BEHOLD! A hallelujah hit! 91 VDI
in all directions! It sounded so good I just kept
dancing around the target, listening to the wonderfulness!

Oh, I know.....solid brass fitting, bolt, nut, even hot wheels
cars sound like this sometimes. But, I was living the moment
and dreaming.

I wish you guys could've seen my face when I finally
flipped the plug over:

2017 (93).jpg
2017 (95).jpg
2017 (96).jpg

Oh well......it sure was fun while it lasted. :dontknow:
Besides, it's a very nice thing knowing that my partner
is still talking to me. :)

2017 (98).jpg
2017 (94).jpg

Couple of decent, surprise buckles. :dontknow:

2017 (97).jpg 2017 (99).jpg

Ya know, this might be the closest I ever come to finding an
actual gold coin. :dontknow:

2017 (100).jpg

At least it brightened everybody's day. The
kids are happy. The nitro has worked.

And....after all, it *is* 24 kt gold plated!
Guess I'm safe in calling this my first gold for the year. ;)

Thanks for peeking folks! Get out there! It's all just waiting. :)

Upvote 28

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another sweet hunt Whadi, That gold plated token is a cool find.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I'm wondering if We could start a Forum to talk about how detecting has helped Us to stay Sober & Clean. Any ideas Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi; I'm wondering if We could start a Forum to talk about how detecting has helped Us to stay Sober & Clean. Any ideas Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

There has to be a correlation. I can honestly tell you something I also had a gambling problem and I bet big money. This hobby is the closest thing to a rush I felt in my drinking and gambling days. And I'm just as obsessive metal detecting as I was in my other compulsions. Except these days I'm happy with money in my pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been sober 14 years with the help of AA for 6 years. Tuff getting sober in New Orleans.

It's tuff getting sober ANYWHERE...I gathered my 7 year coin on the 11th of last month...congrats to you...I usually do not like giving up my anonymity, but with all the friends of Bill W. chiming in...just had to...That's why this hobby is so important to me...getting out on a beautiful day reminds me of all the days I stayed in and hid from the world...thx all...ddf

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's tuff getting sober ANYWHERE...I gathered my 7 year coin on the 11th of last month...congrats to you...I usually do not like giving up my anonymity, but with all the friends of Bill W. chiming in...just had to...That's why this hobby is so important to me...getting out on a beautiful day reminds me of all the days I stayed in and hid from the world...thx all...ddf

There's a old saying in New Orleans, "New Orleans is the City sobriety forgot about." Congrats on be happy and free.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other

:notworthy:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; The way Detecting has helped keep me Sober is through the PEACE OF MIND I get when I go digging and the Rush of that next find just lurking there waiting to be dug up is to much for me to Resist. I was a VERY angry young guy back then. I found that if detecting will teach you ANYTHING it is called PATIENCE.!! Man, I "needed" a lot of it too. Detecting has helped me cope through thick & thin and the day I die is the day they pry a metal detector out of my cold clammy hands.!!! What say ye Folks ?? PEACE:RONB

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi; The way Detecting has helped keep me Sober is through the PEACE OF MIND I get when I go digging and the Rush of that next find just lurking there waiting to be dug up is to much for me to Resist. I was a VERY angry young guy back then. I found that if detecting will teach you ANYTHING it is called PATIENCE.!! Man, I "needed" a lot of it too. Detecting has helped me cope through thick & thin and the day I die is the day they pry a metal detector out of my cold clammy hands.!!! What say ye Folks ?? PEACE:RONB

I would agree with patience. I would also say discipline and the will to learn. It is also a way to leave behind the stresses of the day for a few hours and meditate. For me detecting is very therapeutic. My only regret is that I didn't try it sooner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread