Dosent anyone know anything about El Paso??

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Not to sure about El Paso The last I knew when I drove a semi (2001). It was to dam close to mexico. As english is not the language . However your not far from New mexico. Lots of places to hunt. HH. Rob P>S> most of El Paso is newer construction. :coffee2:

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I visited El Paso a couple of years ago. I found some old military maps online and did my best to overlay them over google earth.
They didn't overlay so well, but they did put me on the right track. I found some old lookout sites in the mountains and found
some nice coins from the late 1800's. I didn't get a chance to detect any of the old wagon trails out in the desert. But I think that
hunting them for campsites is a pretty good idea. Good luck.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tymcmurray said:
I visited El Paso a couple of years ago. I found some old military maps online and did my best to overlay them over google earth.
They didn't overlay so well, but they did put me on the right track. I found some old lookout sites in the mountains and found
some nice coins from the late 1800's.

"I didn't get a chance to detect any of the old wagon trails out in the desert. But I think that hunting them for campsites is a pretty good idea."

This sounds like it might hold some real potential. Maybe do a bit of local research and then rent yourself an ATV, you never know what you might find! :icon_scratch:

Happy Hunting,
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread