Double-check your junk!!

kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well peeps.. Had a great afternoon hanging out in an old amusement park. Came home and the wife was out with the fam. I decided to go out back and wait for her arrival. Same back yard that’s been the subject of a few posts now, I finally find the first silver of the area!
I found this neat little charm out back. Thought nothing of other then it was cool. Dropped it in the pocket for later inspection.

I am reminded to double-check my finds!!!! Not just my targets....
I scrubbed it a little to hard thinking it was junk in the identification process, and chipped away some SILVER plating.
Yup… copper charm with silver plating!! A 1950’s vending machine charm!! Roughly $6.00 on Ebay. Who knew they had sold kids, silver plated vending machine (junk) charms back then??!!? WOW!!! Just double check your stuff and appropriate it.
It would have been great to be found and I brought this home from the amusement park this afternoon... But all that more exciting, out back??!!?? The same out back! Ya BUDDY!!!!!!
Thanks for looking and good luck :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• 7-1 surprise backyard silver.jpg
    7-1 surprise backyard silver.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 2

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Pretty cool find! :icon_thumright: Looks like a miniature boat life preserver, dunno. You're lucky to have yard with good surprises in it. My apartment complex has no back yard & front yard is tiny, full of varied underground cables & water pipes, so I have to ignore it and head downhill to parks and beaches. Lucky tho that I live near beaches. Looking forward to seeing what you dig up next! :hello: Andi

OP
OP
K

kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys!
It is a life preserver Andi. It says S S Eppy. I found one comparable on Ebay with a brief description.
I've been very lucky with my little yard. I'll have to take a pic and show you guys just how small this is. It's been a fantastic training ground. Good deal with the beach near by you. Good luck! :)

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a HUGE proponent of re-checking all junk. Good call!

Though, to be a complete Debbie Downer, I'd be astonished to see that thing realize 0.99 on eBay! :tongue3:

GL!
HH!

OP
OP
K

kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a HUGE proponent of re-checking all junk. Good call!

Though, to be a complete Debbie Downer, I'd be astonished to see that thing realize 0.99 on eBay! :tongue3:

GL!
HH!

I was astonished to even find a word on it. Let alone info online. Today there is another on Ebay for $14! Would anybody buy it? Who knows? Mine's falling apart, but better to have noticed then thrown it away. It's been exciting finding out it was something cool at one time. Some kid was probably pretty bummed when they lost it. I'll hold onto it for them in case they come back. ;)
Also found a watch buckle tonight that looked like a small chunk of rusted iron... which is abundant. Thought it was junk. It had 1 part sticking up that I noticed before tossing it aside. Washed it and history revealed itself. It was down at least 10 inches so I'm sure it's old. Neat stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions