Double "D" Coil

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Re: Double "D" Coil

double d coils are better in highly mineralised soil than the mono coils and are not as prone to interference. they also give a signal which is in a square shape running through the centre of the coil from front to back covering much more area than the mono coil which sends a signal in a v shape.this means that the double d coil can detect an area and is less likely to miss targets with depth.I am not sure whether they are available for the treasure ace or not but I am sure if they were they would help this machine operate better in mineralised conditions which it has trouble coping with with its present coil set up.
Seeya neilo

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

as far as i know the ace 250 does not have a DD coil available for it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D

Doctor Detroit

Thank You neilo and sandman for the description and web site. This explains a lot. Now I can see why it's so important to overlap your swings and keep the coil parallel to the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread