Double eyeball find ring returns and intant karma.

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my week for returns.

I was at the baseball park. There was a father and daughter practicing pitching on the outside of the fence I was on the ball field.
Soon they moved to the ball field and I was getting cold so I walked over towards my car and laying in the grass on the outside of the fence are two rings. Brand new looking. I'm not sure if they were copper or rose gold. I didn't look at them long. The moment I bent over to pick them up I heard a girls voice, MY RINGS!! So I look over and the girl's frantically looking through her gym bag. Well it was obvious who's they were. She ran over and took them from me.
I put my sweatshirt on and went back to the field. The father just ignored me. He didn't acknowledge me or anything. So no picture of the rings. A thank you would have been nice.
I couldn't get it out of my mind. I wanted my thank you.
My buddy showed up for a bit after that and when we left we were standing in the parking lot talking like we usually do. I look down in the dark and on the ground between us was a gold ring. Not much of a ring but it was a nice thank you to me. Made me happy.
You can see where it's ran over a few time. It also has 14 of the tiniest diamonds I've ever found.

I also returned a "Home Again" dog tag. It's for microchipped animals. I don't usually call find the owners when I find a dog tag but this seemed special. It was right on top of the grass. Turns out it was only lost 4 days. I called Home Again and they called the lady and the lady called me. We met at the park where she walks her dog. She offered me 20 dollars but I'm not in it for the money. She was super nice and it was worth the effort.
I didn't get a picture of that either but I stole one just like it off of their website.

Attachments

• silverhouse.jpg
    silverhouse.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 96
  • 24k 006.jpg
    24k 006.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 219
  • 24k 007.jpg
    24k 007.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 12

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even Jesus got a 10% return on thank you's when he healed the 10 lepers. I remember finding a women's wallet with cash inside many years ago. From the driver's license, I contacted her and we met to return the wallet (with all of the cash) several miles away. She took it from me and turned around and walked away without saying a word! At first it bothered me, but I soon realized that she's the one with a problem, not me. Just like car tailgaters.

Nice return, Fix!

aj

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work has its rewards sometimes. Are there any marks inside the band, do you have a loop to check?
GOLD! I love it.

OP
OP
Fix

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work has its rewards sometimes. Are there any marks inside the band, do you have a loop to check?
GOLD! I love it.

I have a loupe in my pocket at all times.
You never know when you might need one. =)

The ring says 10k KC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread