Double sided GW Button??

ContinentalClint

Sep 10, 2013
Southeast MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this GW inaugural a few weeks ago, but made a new discovery today. The obverse AND reverse of the button have the chicken hawk stamp on it. Has anyone ever seen this before? I can't find any like it online. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Clinton ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422064593.653838.jpg

Upvote 3

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool button. I am not sure how these were manufactured but it looks like the obverse is in-stamped while the back looks like the raised relief of the obverse, just backwards. I notice the arrows and branch are reversed in the talons. Could it have been stamped hard enough that it passed the relief to the back side? Just my thoughts here...

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool button. I am not sure how these were manufactured but it looks like the obverse is in-stamped while the back looks like the raised relief of the obverse, just backwards. I notice the arrows and branch are reversed in the talons. Could it have been stamped hard enough that it passed the relief to the back side? Just my thoughts here...
That's what it looks like to me, too! ( Nice find!!)

Iowa Dale

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be worth getting professionally straightened. I wonder if someone who works on belt plates can do that?

OP
OP
ContinentalClint

ContinentalClint

Sep 10, 2013
Southeast MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be worth getting professionally straightened. I wonder if someone who works on belt plates can do that?

It's actually being restored right now! The man doing the restoration is the one who pointed out the double sides to me

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty nice, really cool actually

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to see it once you get it fixed. Thanks for posting.

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah likely just showing through the back and not anything significant. Very easy to tell... just take a couple of toothpicks or whatever and match up points and see if they are on the same place on each side. I would expect someone who had the ability to restore a button would sort have figured that out so I'm either concerned a little, or think maybe it is double sided and he said so because it did not match up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread