Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon to do some dirt fishing. I went to an old school spot that looked good on the old maps. The little old school is still standing and makes a cool backdrop as I think of the kids out playing around it trying to have some fun when not having to hit the books. The place is super trashy and the ground is very dry. I went slow and listened for any sign of a good signal. It started out slow with just digging bottle tops and deep cans. Seems that all of the grounds were used as a trash dump at some point. I started to dig a few wheat pennies around the side of the old school and then got a nice tight high tone that turned out to be a nice sterling ring. So I was hopeful of there being some silver left to be found. A few feet away from the ring I got another good high tone and was surprised to see the Eagle of a silver Kennedy half down in the hole. I've dug a few clad Kennedy's but this is my first silver. I slowly looked around that spot and pulled a few more wheaties and worked my way up the hill behind the school and it was just as trashy but managed to find a small Army cuff button and a Merc. It was getting time to go and I worked my way back to my truck. I spent a little more time in the front and picked out a nice high tone there and was expecting another lid off of some type of bottle when I flipped out one big ugly round disk the size of a half dollar. Sure enough after some cleaning I could see Lady Liberty walking in the sunset. This poor half is the worst one I've dug but excited to add it to the collection and glad you can at least tell what it is. It was nice to get out and dig a few keepers and think about the kids that were there to have dropped them a while back. HH David

A1c4avJ.jpg
3pj86UX.jpg

45JsXX5.jpg
UUylW2i.jpg

v88LTsO.jpg
sPnWm5l.jpg

Upvote 22

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver!

The lady looks like she's had a rough go round while hidding in the dirt.
I like fall hunting, its cooler and less critters.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really good day you had there. Very nice finds and yes.....beautiful looking old place to hunt.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the finds. Those big coins are fun in the hole. Congrats, I like the keepers. HH

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your double Half Dollar day and a great looking ring. That Walker does look like she's been run thru the mill ! At least you can tell its a Walker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread