Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After work today I went back to the wooded intown park I have been hunting. I stayed away from the thicker undergrowth area and made an effort to really concentrate on the well worn foot paths that cross through the woods . More pull tabs and junk and harder digging on the paths but more coins as well . I seemed to be in the zone today with the first decent find of the day being the 1909 Edward the VII silver 5 cents it's small but it rang loud and clear 4 inches down. One of two B & M ( Boston & Maine railroad ) Lead seals was the next keeper find another plain seal showed up later making three for the day . . Ended up with 3 Buffalo nickels as well, 1914, a 1920 , and a no date one. One Indian head penny 1885. Two wheat's a 1919 , and a 1948, One mercury dime 1944, and the Washinton quarter 1941, The small sterling M pin , and the Boy scout pin marked on the reverse Be Prepared BSOA patented 1911 . The heart shaped gold gilted bracelet pieces with the little sterling clasp piece Was an interesting find . I also found three rings as well. All junk but happy to find them just the same . a few other do dads ! Then on the same path I detected in on I got a hit on the way back out to the truck . Two Walker Half's in the same hole ! :laughing7: A 1936, and a 1933 s . I was astounded as to how I missed them on the way in :icon_scratch: Oh well nobody"s perfect. Thanks for looking ! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,037
  • IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,033
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,037
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ncsilverspider said:
Great hunt! Congrats on the Silver, Indian Head, and Boston & Maine Railroad seals! :thumbsup:
Thanks Spider Thats 4 B & M seals from this site ! Thanks for looking ! MaineRelic
worldtalker said:
I've always had good hunting in Maine,Looks as though you do too!!!NICE.
Thanks Talker ! If you come back to Maine give me a shout maybe we can get a hunt in together ! MaineRelic
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
That was one great afterwork hunt, even if you had spent all day.

Two halves in one hole...that must be a first ?

With that many keepers, I agree, a return is in order.

Yes, I imagine you did feel good on the trip home after that one.

Slap on the back man.

Rick
Thanks for the nice comments Rick :icon_sunny: Since you asked I once found 72 half dollars in one hole and another time I found 20 halfs in one hole
dallgire said:
That is fantastic Maine!!! Great job my friend! :icon_thumright:
Thanks Dallgire :icon_sunny: Your walker is out there waiting for you MaineRelic
rtde3 said:
Sweet silver M.R.!
Lots of keepers! :thumbsup:
Watch out for that rat bait! ;D
Thanks Rtde3 That is the second rat poison tag from this site ! M.R.
CMDiamonddawg said:
MR 8) you sure are getting some nice coins and relics , liberty silver this time of year is a good day :icon_sunny: :P Cool rat sign ... pests that reminds me of back in the day .... When I was a kid , knee high to a rodent , my granny would yell at me for letting flies into the house , she said , lil dawg >:( next time you let them digusting insects in the house you are gonna get an a$$ whoopin' , sure e nuff it happened again , she wacked the tar out of my be hind with a fly swaaater :-\ ..... but it didn't hurt and I hid that fly swaater from the old sea hag :tongue3: 8) Hope your having some summer good times :laughing7: dawg
Hey Dawg I am always having fun just like You :laughing9: M.R.
lumpsums said:
holy @#%@ great hunt! super finds! congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks lumpsum :icon_sunny: M.R.
CoinDigger57 said:
Really nice finds!!! Congratulations :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Coindigger ! M.R.
ggossage said:
Your post was my first read of the day...you have seriously depressed me! :D
Depression will change to motivation in a few se....ah, there we go...can't wait to get out there and hunt now! Thank you for the inspiration MR!
There are finds to be made out there so get out there :hello: MaineRelic
ES66 said:
Very nice hunt... Looks like you had a lot of fun... Great finds.... Congratulations....
Hey 66 I really enjoyed this hunt can;t wait till friday after work :thumbsup: MaineRelic
TommNJ said:
Your hard work and smart decisions paid off very well for the day, Congrats! If I'm lucky enough that would be about 3 months worth of finds for me, :notworthy: !!!

TommNJ
T

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
what can you say about this post but AWESOME !!!!!
Thanks Allen :icon_sunny: M.R.
billydabeeg said:
WOW! Great finds. I'll trade ya two 44 wheets fer dem walkers. :laughing7:
I'll give you everythig I got for a 43 copper wheatie 8) MaineRelic
VOL1266-X said:
Nice bunch of coins there MR. Any Buffs you can read a date on are good. Very nice hunt!!! HH, Quindy.
Thanks Quindy ! I don't find that many buffs and about one in three with a readable date . I hit two out of three today :thumbsup: M.R.
HighTone said:
Holy Smoke...AWESOME what a hunt :hello2:
Thanks Hightone ! Happy hunting to you ! :icon_sunny: MaineRelic
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Two Walkers in one hole........ You dont see that posted too often :headbang: Gotta love the Maine Silver :thumbsup:

VPR
Yeah Packrat I was happy to see the big silver ! ! I am also glad to see you are getting back out hunting as well :thumbsup: Keep us posted M.R.

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the "Two Walkers, One Hole Club!" I know that feeling and was blessed with that experience in my 4th month of metal detecting! Congratulations on a super Big Silver score!!!!
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Back in March I pulled two Walkers from the same hole and we got the second Walker on video before we knew what it was, and then I pulled a silver Washington from 10-inches away! Original post with link to video at: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,387917.msg2760269.html#msg2760269

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that is a great hunt, a big congrats on that double big silver hole! all the other keepers ya got too...very nice! :thumbsup:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
some sweet silver right there! bet you'll be hunting them paths more often now! :tongue3:

IWillFindTheGold

Nov 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I swear, if we all keep this up there won't be any more old silver in the ground at all. Great job! :icon_thumright:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice stuff :o
Congrats on the great coins :hello2:
Love all the old relics, that face ring is rather bizarre :D
HH :thumbsup:

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW HOLY COW AWSOME what else can i say. Ive been without telephone and computer for a few days(since the lighting storms) and just got back on . Your post stood out definitely. Everyone on here is going to think Maine is loaded with silver. Maybe I need to toss my machine and start over with a new one....Great job keep at it Goldbill

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldbill said:
WOW HOLY COW AWSOME what else can i say. Ive been without telephone and computer for a few days(since the lighting storms) and just got back on . Your post stood out definitely. Everyone on here is going to think Maine is loaded with silver. Maybe I need to toss my machine and start over with a new one....Great job keep at it Goldbill
Hey Bill :hello: I am glad you are back online ! Them storms must have been something :o I just post what I find You know that ! I was surprised to see that much silver in one four hunt myself. Sometimes the good stuff shows up :thumbsup: I wouldn't throw that V3 away. Bring it down here and see if it works :sign13: Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread