curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....just wanted to share these...they were sitting on the cats post and being so "lovey dovey". :love3: I think I posted one of these, but wanted to put them all up...just so darn cute. I think they're the Eurasian doves.

RSCN6646.JPG RSCN6648.JPG RSCN6649.JPG

RSCN6650.JPG

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kat, nice capture and great composition...they're beautiful..:icon_thumright:

Fixed one up a little, and wanted to add a nice caption
but I'm afraid I'm at a loss for what to say. If you can
come up with the caption I'll be glad to add it on. Best
I could think up was "Love Birds"..:icon_scratch:

RSCN6646-2.jpg

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys & to the "couple" as well! lol DizzyDigger...that's very nice of you to have done that...your caption is great by me, it fits them exactly!:icon_thumleft:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here ya go Kat..

RSCN6646-2.jpg

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....aaahhhh....I Love it DizzyDigger! Thanks so much for doing that...it's even better than your first one. :thumbsup:...&...let's all follow that great advice. :love5:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes kat, they appear to be Eurasian dove. They are much larger than the morning dove we usually hunt around here. Fish and Wildlife (previously known as Fish and Game but "Game" made it sound like something gets shot) doesn't like them as they are not indigenous to California and says they can be shot during dove season and there isn't a limit on how many can be taken. A lot of them hang around my bird feeders and they sound like owls. Never shot one but they look tasty. :) My caption would be, "Must I always have you breathing down my neck!?" :) You can see I'm not quite the romantic Dizzy is.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:...yes packerbacker I can tell you're not so :love4: of the doves, except maybe for lunch. lol But that's fine to...to each his own right? I was wondering...how do the Eurasian doves differ from native ones in that they're a problem? Is it just that it's over population? We have Bullfrogs that aren't native here & they're eating the native critters, so that's a big problem.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is they feel the Eurasians are competing for resources. There is a mentallity in this state that wants to keep everything indigenous to the state, from animals to plants, and get rid of everything that doesn't belong. (I think that includes people) :)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes think you're right...maybe because the E .doves are larger they eat more & so our little ones get less so breed less and we know where that goes.....by-by :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions