Down creekside near my deerstand today

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4 (2).JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG Walked back down again today to the creek side woods where I have found many treasures and relics metal detecting and digging over the past couple of years. Also is near one of my deer stands. Managed to find another horse shoe, two old iron pieces of hardware, two small bottles, two shotgun shell heads, one a REM-UMC NO 12 NITRO CLUB, the other a WESTERN NO 12 XPERT, both circa early 1900s, and detected a long ago fallen and old rotting tree laying on the ground what turned out to be (after cutting out a small section) a small musket ball or a buckshot ball embedded quite possibly from one of the shotgun shells found today. While detecting I also found the remains of a large spike buck that I had shot while bow hunting back in November and was unable to find at the time. However over this past bow hunting deer season here in N.J. I did manage to bag a 6 pointer and two 8 pointers so plenty of venison in the freezer.

Last edited:
Upvote 15

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad about the spike, but at least you know what his fate was. It happens to all of us if you hunt long enough.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relics! The lead in the wood is cool!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the old woods relics. Especially the preserved lead ball in the wood. Nice.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread