Downtown Eau Claire

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Just curious about the downtown EC area- Wisconsin and Barstow area, former home to "Bee Hive" and "Bill's Hideaway Bar". All buildings have been dozed. The old "Olson's Livery" is the only thing still standing. I have done some detecting in that area (what hasn't been repaved) and found nothing. Was wondering is anyone here was like-minded and had done hunting there and, if so, any luck? I practically "grew up" down there and had always dreamed of the old coins and stuff that must have been dropped there, especially down the old steam grates located on the sidewalks of old Wisconsin Street....I also remember a hotel that burned in the earlt-to-mid `70's, just west of Forest Street, where Phoenix Park is now located.

Please share your stories!

Terry

OP
OP
Mr_Mojo_Risin

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm a bit of history buff, too, and discovered alot of cool history on Eau Claire while researching potential TH site. Yesterday went exploring downtown at the old steamboat landing near the intersection of Gray Street and Graham Ave. Neat old cobblestone walkway. Overgrwon with trees and fast food trash, broken beer bottles, etc. That was sad. Did a little detecting on the shore of the river, nothing but bottlecaps and rotting leaves.
I'm glad someone responded to this post.

A. Grignon

Oct 9, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & Whites Beachhunter
Ever hunt around Mt. Tom? Supposed to be a early fur trading post around that area. Also, you might know being from the area, does the Holcombe flowage water level ever drop????

OP
OP
Mr_Mojo_Risin

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Downtown Eau Claire/Mount Tom/Holcombe Flowage

Thanks for the info on Mt Tom- no, I haven't been there, been past it couple times thinking about it. A couple guys that post on another forum from Chippewa Falls have hunted it and haven't found anything of note. As for the Holcombe flowage, I honestly don't know. Thanks again for the info. Terry

A. Grignon

Oct 9, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & Whites Beachhunter
Dont be discouraged if nobody has found anything there. Generally trade sites are small and can easily be overlooked or even missed completely when searching for one. I will try to find the information and get it to you, in the mean time why dont you pm me your email.

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember ever in my time that the Holcombe Flowage was ever dropped.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 190
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 200

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread