Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
hey prairie, next time make sure the sputter valve is working properly. he he. i have been there, done that and i know how you felt all the way up and down the hill.
good write up buddy. i know there are many others have gone thru it too. keep on smilin'.

Mr bigshot

Jun 15, 2012
West Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome read. It's been a long time since I laughed out loud reading something. Some people have bad days, and some people have well, bad weeks, months, etc. At least you got a great story out of it. Love the humor, or is it sarcasm? To bad you didn't keep the rock and the $1500 dollars an ounce of gold in it.

BeachComber7

May 12, 2012
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG Prairie you had me laughing my axx off! Funny story though, sorry you didn't find much this time around.

BeachComber7

May 12, 2012
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can picture most of that happening to me-- the heat, the light headedness, the ridiculous amount of walking carrying everything but the kitchen sink, the biting flies and mosquitoes, and the birds who seem to know when you are near your weakest! The sound of an empty water bottle is the worst!

eaglewings35

Aug 31, 2010
Clyde, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Prarie, my wife now thinks I am really crazy. I sat at the computer and laughed until my ribs hurt.
I have had similar circumstances while deer hunting. There's nothing like standing on the side of a hill
with your britches down round your ankles, realizing that your TP is in the truck.
Or being in a boat in the middle of the lake and your sputter valve starts popping off and there aint no bathroom around, just
other boats with lots of people. Terrible, terrible, terrible !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread