Dowser cold call

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
I can't decide if this is for real or if one of my friends is pulling my leg. This afternoon, my daughter and I went out for some ice cream. When we got home the answering machine was blinking. The message was something like "Hello this is 'blank' and I am a map dowser. I have the feeling that I should call you about a buried treasure you are hunting. If you are interested in the help of a proven successful dowser, call me back. I feel you are on the edge of a discovery but you are looking in the wrong place."
The guy gives me his name and number and it matches my caller ID. He is somewhere in the middle of Arkansas. Can he be a "psychic and a dowser"?
How can anyone know that I have targeted a cache?
I'm mystified.
Any ideas?

Jim Johnson
grizzly bare

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Jim...I know a few map dowsers that are good. They put you in the area most every time. This guy may have picked up on something from one of your posts. Who knows how this works but it does. NOW--If the guy is willing to work for free or on a share of what you find basis I would go for it. If what he tells you matches your research your ahead of the game. If not you wasted some time...After saying all that...Be careful ...Art

M

Marc Newell

Hey Grizzly Bare,

Could you pass me that Arkansas dowser's phone number? I have a lead on some Gold Rush era coins that were never retrieved form a stagecoach hold-up in California. Would be good to find out if the dowser gets a "hit" from map dowsing.
Did you ever call the guy back re: your cache?
Thanks,
Marc

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Jim, I looked at some of your old posts. I can tell you that you have found a treasure and are having problems retrieving it. I also know your phone number and address, but I will not post them here. I would be very careful with this. It has Con written all over it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread