bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its that time of the year to get back out into the desert.At the story goes:
Stolen bullion from the Cerro Colorado Mine lay somewhere between the mine and the Cerro Colorado Mountains.
Cerro Colorado Mine, Arizona 85645, USA

Anthony Trumbo/Flickr

The Cerro Colorado Mine, which sits a little less than 20 miles from the Arizona-Mexico border, produced mostly silver but also small amounts of gold, lead, and copper. The Arizona Daily Star reported that the mine also experienced a fair amount of banditry, which includes approximately $70,000 in bullion (precious metal bars) stolen and hidden. Imagine how much it was worth when it was taken way back in the day! They lay hidden away in Cerro Chiquito, a small mountain that sits across from the mine entrance. Now there is some hidden treasure in Arizona for you. Supposedly it's all still there somewhere.

The thieves said the loot is buried in view of the mines entrance, marked with an arrow. People have searched for over 100 years and nothing has been recovered. In the picture the mine is marked with and arrow, the mountain is rather steep, probable more suited for a younger man to explore, but lets give it a shot.
av.png

Can anyone with dowsing experience out there, who could narrow down the search?

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
The Cerro Colorado Mine, which sits a little less than 20 miles from the Arizona-Mexico border...
...The thieves said the loot is buried in view of the mines entrance, marked with an arrow.
- Not sure I would want to be hunting for treasure that close to the border these days.
- If the location is marked with an arrow, what need is there of a dowser? But if the thieves said that's where it is...
- You might have better luck posting this in the Dowsing Forum. There is kind of feud going on between general cache hunters and dowsers. You could get someone with the equipment in this forum, but they may be a heretic who doesn't actually believe in dowsing.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Move thread to dowsing board (yes!!!1). However, 99.999 % of treasure hunters who believe in dowsing have moved on to treasure dowsing FB groups. Nearly all of them are not in English language you will need to right-click then click translate to English from menu. Otherwise need to click see translation on each post. Last group I joined had 50K members.
Try TN dowsing board first, always might get a response but even those becoming rare.

tom lindsey

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2023
need a gold dowser? operate a underground placer for 40 years have many nuggets dowsing lewiston sunday tribune paper idaho june 1 2008 front page thats me lol have located lava beds silver and gold also the plummer gang gold uintah mountains gold mines and dream are fraudulent avenging angels mined the gold lol

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get an outlaw location but not the treasure.

OP
OP
B

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get an outlaw location but not the treasure.
There were many outlaws in the area, and many murders. The owner of this mine was murdered, a mile or so away another murder, and Indian raids. The thieve of this mine claimed the loot was buried within site of the mine entrance ,before he was hung.
The early Spanish were also in the area, about 3-4 miles southwest, leaving behind large stone structures, which can still be seen on google earth, no telling what they left behind.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I aways wonder how people can say, “it’s still undiscovered”, etc. Personally If I found it, I wouldn’t tell anyone. Have fun looking and best wishes. I hope you find it.

OP
OP
B

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I aways wonder how people can say, “it’s still undiscovered”, etc. Personally If I found it, I wouldn’t tell anyone. Have fun looking and best wishes. I hope you find it.
That is true, I would never tell, but there are some people who like bragging rights, you will find hundreds on youtube, usually going into places without permission, climbing fences etc., then posting videos.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of a well-known treasure legend one of my close dowser friends, personally knows the guy who found it. I won't mention the treasure legend but most treasure hunters probably believe it is still out there.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be looking for a "map dowser" some dowsers can do that, I can't. If you PM me with the Co-ordinates, I may be able to help you locate the cache. Providing the cache is still there. I will look it over and send you the directions to the cache. Even if the cache is gone, I may still be able to give you directions to where it was located or is located?. I have read the story of the missing silver. Probably about 2 tons missing or buried near the mines. Today worth maybe $1.5 Million. I also know the location of the mine. And I believe I have located the missing silver?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its that time of the year to get back out into the desert.At the story goes:
Stolen bullion from the Cerro Colorado Mine lay somewhere between the mine and the Cerro Colorado Mountains.
Cerro Colorado Mine, Arizona 85645, USA

Anthony Trumbo/Flickr

The Cerro Colorado Mine, which sits a little less than 20 miles from the Arizona-Mexico border, produced mostly silver but also small amounts of gold, lead, and copper. The Arizona Daily Star reported that the mine also experienced a fair amount of banditry, which includes approximately $70,000 in bullion (precious metal bars) stolen and hidden. Imagine how much it was worth when it was taken way back in the day! They lay hidden away in Cerro Chiquito, a small mountain that sits across from the mine entrance. Now there is some hidden treasure in Arizona for you. Supposedly it's all still there somewhere.

The thieves said the loot is buried in view of the mines entrance, marked with an arrow. People have searched for over 100 years and nothing has been recovered. In the picture the mine is marked with and arrow, the mountain is rather steep, probable more suited for a younger man to explore, but lets give it a shot. View attachment 2116551

1941.png

I believe this was the area in 1941

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to that they would have buried the stolen silver North of the Cerro Colorado Mine as the Cerro Colorado Mountains are to the North. The Mexicans during the operations of the mine stole over $900,000 in silver and cashed it in in Mexico. The last $70,000 is what the Foreman Juanito is said to have buried near the mine. The mine was enclosed by walls with security guards. It would have been a feat for Juanito to steal the silver. But it is not impossible. Where there is a will there is a way. The silver would be about 7 Cubit Feet in volume and would weigh about 4,300 pounds. A strong box of say 2 1/2 feet by 3 feet could contain the silver if the silver was pure.
1702132914012.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sketch will work for silver. I believe it would be to the north of mine, possibly at the far NE edge. We don't know how the sketch is oriented here. I get something this area. Being a silver mine you could get a number of hits.

1941-mine-silver.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, at the risk of stirring up trouble, I have to ask: How does map dowsing work? In my head I'm visualizing it working as something like a Ouija board.

If you want to see an actual photo of the pre-1967 Jewish replica of the yes/no answer tool. I'm holding up the eighteenth printing of the general edition, which was published in 1967, page 878 of Zondervan Pictorial Dictionary for the Middle East.

WIN_20231209_23_02_52_Pro.jpg

I don't want to refer to it as a pendulum even though I've seen one type that has 2 ends for asking questions. A dark stone and other lighter in color. Symbols are first and last letters of ancient form of Hebrew alphabet. If King David needed to know how many men to take from each tribe (to form an army) the answers came with the 12 stone of the breastplate. I don't want to compare it to a Quija board but the 12 stones each had a name engraved next to it and would be one of the 12 Jewish tribes.

WIN_20231209_23_02_18_Pro.jpg

I believe the Breastplate of the high priest was supposed to have a compartment to hold this answer tool. Normally not ever for treasure hunting but only the king or a prominent person. According to the Jewish Online Encyclopedia the question was repeated several times in both the positive and a negative form of the question.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the "Alpha and the Omega." I tried years ago to use a pendulum. You spin it in a circle over the map and when it finds a non-metallic item it would start going in a straight line. But it takes a lot of concentration and it taxes on the heart. I stopped using it years ago also. But other people can do this. I myself use Infrared and it is free. I all ready located the cache in this area. But it will be years before I can get out that way to dig the silver up.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still get something this area, might be nothing more than another silver deposit in a vein.

mine-silver1.jpg

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
If you want to see an actual photo of the pre-1967 Jewish replica of the yes/no answer tool. I'm holding up the eighteenth printing of the general edition, which was published in 1967, page 878 of Zondervan Pictorial Dictionary for the Middle East.
I gotta say that reinforces my Ouija board mindset. What's the mechanism that is powering the indicators? Is it magic? Magnetism? Quantum mechanics? Something supernatural? If it doesn't really work, then nothing is powering it. But if it does work, one of the above or something else has to be behind what makes it work. I'm generally skeptical of the use of metal L-rods to "divine" water and the like. But with those at least a claim can be made that there is some interaction between the metal rods and the dirt, material being searched, etc. But I have no idea what interaction there can be between a map and an actual physical location and a third object mediating between the two.

OP
OP
B

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still get something this area, might be nothing more than another silver deposit in a vein.

View attachment 2119611
If that area was narrowed down a bit, this is what you would se. I think it would be doubtful if they would take the silver to a 4000 foot level, mostly vertical climb, so that could be a vein.
some views of the cliff and just below it, which is still above the mine. I was going to take photos yesterday but ended up following a herd of deer. The 4000 foot mountain is in the background, it would be impossible for a few men to carry that amount of silver to the top.
IMG_0486[1].PNG
IMG_0487[1].PNG
IMG_0485[1].JPG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was getting ready to crop it down more for you. Silver hit is more on the right side of section posted. I,m thinking the outlaw area might be close to there, will have to check again. The grave or possibly the attack site hits were more to the left area.

mine-silver1B.jpg

More to middle left in blue square.

mine-silver1C.jpg

First time I mentioned outlaw location, I believe it was in the red circle area.

mine-silver1D.jpg

This should be the silver area.

mine-silver1E.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread