Dowsing and static Electricity

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long time back they did some experiments on a kid maybe in India, can't remember. Anyway, the theory was the kid needed to be insulated to get a good reading, so they had some platform supported by glass bottles or something. Anyway they pulled a sneaky one and hooked up a grounding wire to the platform when the kid wasn't looking. I don't recall the exact outcome, but the theory was proven wrong. I know one mfr who says to ground the L-rods before use every pass. I know people say wear natural clothing, the synthetics cause static. Others say to wear the static producing materials. But most say to avoid it. I've tired grounding wires on my shoes, but couldn't notice much difference. Even seen one outfit that provides a grounding rod with their L-rod, sort of like a walking stick. I've heard people say to wear leather soled shoes as this conducts some.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Anytime the rods starts acting funny I know it is static electric. What works for me is simple. I hang the rods at my side and most of the time they will work again. Sometimes I have to touch the ground with the tips..Art

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Einstein pointed to our nervous system as to what makes dowsing work. Our nervous system passes electricity along nerves that are much like electric wires made out of copper etc. Because of that similarity, I see a relationship there..

Aart: What happens when your rods act funny as you say?

Last edited:

tonycc

Jun 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the cold place will produce static electricity this problem, it will make the pole no signal, the solution, in the foot of the object, the static conduction on the ground can be

tonycc

Jun 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anti-static bracelet | eBay s-l225.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime the rods starts acting funny I know it is static electric. What works for me is simple. I hang the rods at my side and most of the time they will work again. Sometimes I have to touch the ground with the tips..Art
Arthur, Not always! If you saved it, check the PM response you gave me for rods acting weird. You were dead on right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread