Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if they say there is nothing there, I wouldn't believe that either.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
correct. And "discussing dowsing" was what I was doing . Yes? No ?

I recall this conversation. And I simply do not have the $$ to go there (nor is this THAT "big of a deal" for either of us that necessitates cross-country travel). But if it were theoretically possible to go there, I would have all the elements of double-blind measures taken, such that it would end up being like some of the tests that dowsers here have labeled as "unfair" or "impossible to pass".

And I recall that when I questioned those persons about "what is unfair" or "how is it impossible", I never got an answer. Oh well, I tried.
As I have repeatedly said, I can douse buried utilities, I have done so for over 25 years. I didn't believe in it at first, made no sense till someone showed me. I then tried it and found I could also do it.. I have never said I can douse maps or treasure only that I can douse utilities...

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same goes for the remote viewers. The govt hired the most talented people in the country and spent millions and not much to show for it. They spent years and you would think if they had any success at all they would not have cancelled the program. Look, I'm not saying it can't possibly work, just that the results were not enough to keep them alive. And typically even for the top experts, analysis was such a weak link. A "correct" answer could have thousands of different possibilities.

Map dowsing is said to be one in ten-thousand. that's a lot of empty holes. They don't tell you that.

I don't know how many spots i have had dowsed by pros. My score is zero.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess one of the solid as a rock rules of life is, "Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done." Fits in there somewhere with, "Well I've never seen it myself but I heard humans make crop circles."

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...."Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done." ....

Interesting. So let's say you tried my tennis shoe treasure finder method, and found that it didn't work. Is there ever a point at which you would say "it's nonsensical and doesn't work at all "? Or would you only say "It only doesn't work for me, but I can't say for certain that it can't work for someone else?"

It seems to me that you'd have to say the statement in italics above, so as to be-in-keeping with your quoted statement. Yes ? No ?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sig line: Regarding map dowsing. One of my friends from Alaska reccommended a map dowser in Alaska. So I dutifully sent off some maps of Tayopa, figuring that it was almost a worhless move for an experiment..

In due time they came back and he had successfully dowsed prhaps 85 %
of the known data on Tayopa, with the addition of two new spots tat I didn't know existed, correctly.

So there is no doubt in my mind that map dowsing does exist and is valuable, but most of those that claim to be able to do it are mistaken.

There is a fallacy that only water and metal can be dowsed, wrong, anything can be dowsed.

May I suggest that the water dowsing doubters look up 'Henry Gross and Bermuda' on the internet.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i call it self-deception--people think they can do it, but they don't know because they refuse to the practice and get the daily feedback. That will humble anyone but sat least you know where you stand

You know I am pushing two years with an L-rod in my hand, kinda like those airline pilots been in the air that long. I didn't bother to figure the hours, but let's do it. I practice about 300 days a year a couple hours that's 600 hours per year. Been at it for 35 years let's say five years I didn't practice. So that 30 years times 600 hours. That's 18,000 hours. There are 8760 hours per year so two years is 17520 hours. i could have already hit two years and believe me some days i spend more than that, of course some less but i won't argue one way or the other. Point is I get constant feedback and would never be anywhere without it and it would be so arrogant B.S. to think any other way but that's what's happening on this forum. Just hiding from the truth.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Send me your method and the right brand of tennis shoes - size 12

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice try :) That's not answering the question :)

I'll answer your question Tom Tom............First...why do seem to stay in this forum for dowsing?
I challenged you a long time ago to pick up a rod and try dowsing for yourself. Was that too difficult for you? Maybe the thought of being wrong about this subject terrifies you!
And....if you did pick up a rod and it worked for you.....I hardly doubt you would be able to ever come to light with it. You would forever be stuck in that closet.......
So...there you are Tom....stuck out there in a land of "If I try it and it works.....my ego can't bear it".
By the way.....your tennis shoe theory is almost as good as some of the other ones you have come up with.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not like I haven't explained my practice technique. First you gotta hide the target yourself, that no telepathy is involved. I cover my ears and ears and spin around a few times, then toss the practice target then spin around a few more times so i don't accidentally get any kind of bearings. Then I look upwards so i don't accidentally spot the target, but I usually keep my lawn a little long so the target is well hidden. Now if I was going to map dowse i would go inside and draw a map of my yard and then dowse for the test target. After that I would go outside with an L-rod and see if I had map dowsed right. That's so simple and easy you'd think anyone serious about it would crave that sort of thing. Not around here. i call it arrogant and ignorant, but fear of failure may be a major factor.

And I haven't even talked about all the other hours i spend reading and working on designing locators. that's thousands more hours.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ringfinder, yes fiber optic cables. All fiber optic cables have a metal wire running through the cable.... Cut a fiber cable open and look, just be sure it is not a live fiber as the average bill for a damage fiber starts about $50,000 and climbs quickly..... I have seen repairs in the millions.... I worked fiber optics for a telcom company for over 15 years...

Yep TH - I've got over 30 years in the Telecom business, the thing is - the metal wire running through the fiber cable is a strength member only. It does not carry any signal and or voltage. I work directly with the AT&T outside plant technician here in the St. Paul area, he is a good friend, and as you said; not a good idea to break open one of those live cables - HUGE penalties for that!!!!!!
Many times fiber will run along side coax and copper tip/ring cable, that might explain it.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll answer your question Tom Tom............First...why do seem to stay in this forum for dowsing?
I challenged you a long time ago to pick up a rod and try dowsing for yourself. Was that too difficult for you? Maybe the thought of being wrong about this subject terrifies you!
And....if you did pick up a rod and it worked for you.....I hardly doubt you would be able to ever come to light with it. You would forever be stuck in that closet.......
So...there you are Tom....stuck out there in a land of "If I try it and it works.....my ego can't bear it".
By the way.....your tennis shoe theory is almost as good as some of the other ones you have come up with.

Goldkey - My son and I looked up information about dowsing and went out and tried it. Didn't work for either of us. So, I agree with Tom - Dowsing for treasure is a farce and that's what the title of this thread is "Real or Fake..opinion" Tom gave his opinion and that's OK, right? There has NEVER been any proven facts about dowsing for treasure, only people saying they can.
That just doesn't cut it for me, common sense always prevails.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep TH - I've got over 30 years in the Telecom business, the thing is - the metal wire running through the fiber cable is a strength member only. It does not carry any signal and or voltage. I work directly with the AT&T outside plant technician here in the St. Paul area, he is a good friend, and as you said; not a good idea to break open one of those live cables - HUGE penalties for that!!!!!!
Many times fiber will run along side coax and copper tip/ring cable, that might explain it.

I have worked telcom for over 42 years, started with Automatic Electric which was General Telephones installation force in 1973 installing step offices, then #1EAX, #3, and last GTD#5 COs, after 16 years went to work for Wiltel that was sold later on to LDDS and formed Worldcom. I worked 16 years for them, then 10 years for what became Windstream before I retired, total telecom 42 years 6 months...

I was field tech, the only field tech for the company with in 120 miles in any direction. have personally located fiber cables thousands of times, fiber was not in an easement with copper, it was only fiber easement, cross country between St Louis and Kansas City, carrying 20 DS3 between the cities, had 3 regens and one pop to maintained, equipment, transmission systems were NEC and Fujitsu, worked on many fiber cuts and spliced fiber hundreds if times. It is not required to carry signal or voltage to be located it was only grounded at each splice points.....

In 1990 Missouri river jumped banks and ripped our fiber up, we had to lay over 35 miles of temp fiber tying it to fences, trees and what ever else we could find till we got through river then trenching it in the ground, working 7 days a week in 105 degree heat. We almost lost I-70 then...

Last edited:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldkey - My son and I looked up information about dowsing and went out and tried it. Didn't work for either of us. So, I agree with Tom - Dowsing for treasure is a farce and that's what the title of this thread is "Real or Fake..opinion" Tom gave his opinion and that's OK, right? There has NEVER been any proven facts about dowsing for treasure, only people saying they can.
That just doesn't cut it for me, common sense always prevails.
That's perfectly fine if it didn't work for you.
Doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others.
Seems that this thread is all about opinions and sure...everyone has one.
Tom and I have went toe to toe on this before and he absolutely refuses to pick up a rod and try it...yet he has opinions based on " No Experience".
By definition those aren't opinions.....that's total blind guesswork. Which is not appreciated by those that have experience whether it be good or bad.
Do you have faith in or believe in God? If you do...then how can you prove your faith in Him to those that don't believe that He exist?
Dowsing is much the same situation. God works for those that believe in Him just as dowsing works for those that believe in it.
I would rather come to this forum and discuss with other dowsers about things we learn along the way...rather than spend time and energy with those that don't believe in it.
If I didn't believe in the ability to dowse...I wouldn't waste my time in this forum. What's the point? And besides...we know what opinions are like don't we....everybody has one.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
......First...why do seem to stay in this forum for dowsing?... .

This post did not start off on the dowsing forum, that's why. I merely followed it, when it got moved from the md'ing forum, since I had posted there. Otherwise, you're right: I don't read this particular forum.

..... I challenged you a long time ago to pick up a rod and try dowsing for yourself. Was that too difficult for you?.....

And if you recall, I answered that challenge with the answers why I don't try it. Here's the reasons again:

a) For the same reason you won't try my tennis shoe treasure finder method. Because you (probably?) think it's silly and non-sensical, with no logical reason why it would work.

b) Because if I did, and found it to be non-functional, and if I posted those negative non-workable results, you and other dowsers would not be swayed one iota. You would merely say "You need more practice", or "you weren't doing it right" or "you don't have 'the gift'" etc....

Hence what good would it do to try it? You would just summarily dismiss the results.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
........stuck out there in a land of "If I try it and it works.....my ego can't bear it".....

Does that quote work both ways ? goldkey ? If it didn't work, could I be able to say "goldkey's ego can't bear that dowsing doesn't work"? Do you see how your statement self-implodes on itself ?

Ok gold key, let me know: Are you at liberty to say that the tennis shoe idea is totally silly and un-workable, until you've tried it ? I'm willing to bet that you have no doubt in your mind that it's utter nonsense that someone made up EVEN though you never tried it. However, when the tables are reversed, and a non-dowser says "hogwash", he's told his opinion doesn't hold water, "till he's tried it". Why the double standard?

So you game to try the tennis shoe device? For best results, smear with peanut butter and bird seed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom show one person who says your tennis shoe works. I have known dozens of people that could douse cables.... Your tennis shoe was simply a mocking dig.....

I know dousing utilities works which is why I posted it works, you posted tennis shoes to mock.

Thread was moved here because it did not belong in metal detecting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread