Dowsing Map????????????????

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
So I keep seeing request for Dowsing Maps; I have to ask what the heck is that. Normally I would not ask but folks he keep pointing out things on maps stating treasure here or one gold coin here.

So I read the Read Me First thread thinking that would provide some insight, which it did not other than it is low tech.

With my job I have access to some wonder Geospatial programs, but it is used for things such as real time and operations planning. Never once have I sat in on a brief and seen a gold coin or treasure in the data.

So please feel free to speak to me like I am total moron; I will not mind at all, just want to know what it is you guys are doing.

Thank you.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let Google be your friend and do some research on Map Dowsing and you will learn far more than getting it piece meal from different posters here IMO. Some here are very knowledgeable but no need for them to write a book when it is already available on the Internet.
I searched "Map dowsing" and got this, below, but got a lot more references.
Marvin
Map Dowsing Techniques | Discovering Dowsing

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Map Dowsing is a way to help locate treasure. I will not go hunting with out a map. I look at it as a way to save time. If I do a map that has nothing of value I see no reason to go there. I try to plan my trips so I can check out many sites. I can usually check the sites from my car saving a lot of time....Art

Magnum (using a) PI

Feb 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Map Dowsing is a way to help locate treasure. I will not go hunting with out a map. I look at it as a way to save time. If I do a map that has nothing of value I see no reason to go there. I try to plan my trips so I can check out many sites. I can usually check the sites from my car saving a lot of time....Art

Aart - I too know nothing! does the "power to see" (sorry probably the wrong term!) come from you personally or the equipment you use?
For instance, if I took two different dowers to a field, would they come to the same conclusion (location) of a "treasure' or possibly different?

Or if you had a "hit" then gave your kit to another dowser, would he find the same as you or his "own hit"

fascinating stuff!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though there are different viewpoints/beliefs on the subject.
Here is another (You-tube) view that I found very interesting. He calls one part of the mind "Super consciousness", whereas me and some others refer to it as the Universal Mind. Anyway you will probably enjoy the you-tube video.
Marvin

PS, I'm curious as to others opinion of this link.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
For me Map Dowsing was a long hard fight. I tried many methods and tools until I finally started to make locations where there was treasure. No it is not perfect but is a great aide for me...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you get the unexpected, never realized lamproite diamond ore, could be crystalline specimens the same shape as a gem diamond (until map dowsing then using a pair of L-rods on site).

Trip to Crater of Diamonds State Park with L-rods

Attachments

• lamproitecrystal1.JPG
    lamproitecrystal1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting stuff, thank you all for your answers.

Thank You,

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds great.

hover a pendulum over a map, ask it to find the gold, watch where it points, go dig up the treasure.

so simple, not sure why I bother with conventional methods.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me Map Dowsing was a long hard fight. I tried many methods and tools until I finally started to make locations where there was treasure. No it is not perfect but is a great aide for me...Art
That is my present situation but-----------------------
I keep learning and trying different methods. Funny thing is in one of the Vids I posted the guy uses a wooden pendulum attached to a cotton or silk thread. He says the transition of information isn't as easy trying to pass through a LINKED chain. I don't know but I may try it.
Marvin
PS, I like this forum.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
That is my present situation but-----------------------
Something to try.
A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions