dowsing, printed facts, studies, research info

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
quote from jblack ; '' Huh? What in the world are you talking about?''

READ THE POSTED FACTS ! all these results and the tests they came from have been posted within the past few days on one dowsing thread or another, along with the testors credentials and qualifications,, protocols, reviews, etc..........instead of just scanning the posts looking for some sentance you can grasp ahold of to try and make everyone see your OPINION , i suggest reading all the info, and actually trying to let it sink in a bit, you might even learn something even though i think the chance of that happening are quite low, not because the info isn't there to learn from, but because some people are unable to learn, especially if they already know everything....case in point jblack, this is a dowsing thread , not a classified ad thread, yet you keep posting on it like it is....i showed you once before what would be classed as a person selling equipment ad, and you couldn't even grasp that........................................goldvein, i don't think it could be explained any better...............have a nice morning..........gldhntr

J

JBlack

From the ridiculous to the moronic.

What's next?​

Then we have Mike Healey sticking random quotes on here, from a book that he has no clue what it is talking about.

"Lights are on, but nobody is home."

I'll check back later when you guys are are through rambling and trying to feed your ego and protect your occult belief systems.

;D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really interesting point of view you have there.? Out of touch with reality, but interesting.?

Are you aware that ALL the new drugs on the market must be submitted to a rigid double-blind test before they can be approved to be sold?? Do you suppose the individuals running those tests are "critics" and don't really want the drugs to pass the test?? If that's the case, isn't it amazing that ANY new drugs even become available for sale?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q)? Black that is a poor analogy, many such drugs have killed? or injured? numerous people, yet still are on the market, this by the medical professions own admission.?Are you suggesting that after spending yeah many millions of dollars on a new drug, that the Companies are above such a? thing such as coercion by money or power to get it approved?? ? As for these double blind studies, can you point out to me where the present medical professions method of treating Cancer, Radiation & Chemotherapy? has ever been subjected to such proof??

It is impossible since each individual, case and circumstances are different, so it is with dowsing.

I realize that in some circumstances Surgery is necessary because of the location and urgency, but Radiation &? Chemotherapy have an extremely poor but expensive track record.? It reminds me of trying to cure a case of small pox by cutting or cauterizing the pustules, not too effective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q)? As for the LRL? devices I admit they appear very overpriced to me, whether they work or not, but then so are many professions, including Engineering, and mine.? We charge what the public is willing to pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q) As for dowsing, I really don't care if it has been pr oven under any studies or not, all that I know is that it works for me, not 100% for sure, but it does work. So regardless of what the "experts" may say, I will happily go on using it for a confidence? building? procedure when out in the remote zones with the sceptical Indians. Once shown they open up a river of information.

NO, I do not use it to locate treasures, I still lack confidence, a Pavlovian response from the scientific community?
?
I have them hide my all purpose knife, then I attempt to find it by dowsing,? Frankly I am just as surprised as they are many times.

I was introduced to dowsing during the many years that I was investigating the so called para-normal along with Hypnotism.? Even today there are many medical professionals that refuse to acknowledge Hypnotism, in fact they are still not in agreement just how it works. If they cannot? reach an agreement on this, how can they ever reach one on something even more subtle?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q) Regarding chance, I once had my wife . while under hypersuggestability, attempt to call a card either red or black from a? standard deck of cards that were face down, being turned over one at a? time? --twice she called them all correctly.? What are the odds of doing this with a standard 52 card
deck??? No, I do not remember out of how many tries but it certainly wasn,t over 100.

I could ramble on for hours on some of the experiments and their successes, but that isn't for this room, or is it?

Jose de La Mancha? (? tilt windmills )

[/quote]

R

rusty nails

i have no reason to make stuff up - i will tell u straight up how i feel - your technical mumbo jumbo doesnt scare me - yest. labor day - i had my son and wife dowse - went to the spot where they crossed (the rods) used my detector and walla - there was metal very close to where they had crossed (like 12") - i think it works - i didnt dig any holes - it showed junk and it was labor day -
::)

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
qoute from a {self proclaimed} so called expert;;;;;;; '' From the ridiculous to the moronic.''
must be speaking of his own posts here
another quote, same expert;;;;;;;;;'' "Lights are on, but nobody is home."
must be a self assessment...............................now can we get back to the subject of dowsing ?......anyone wanting to share tips or experiences, the board is open !!? ? .. gldhntr

R

rusty nails

NO - i do not belong to a cult or in an occult - i just think dowsing is interesting - i think you have too much time on your hands and really hate the thought of a person doing this ? now thats crazy -
LBP

J

JBlack

Feel better now?

Now that you've got that off your chest, did that feed your ego to the point that you can get through the afternoon?

Does that little outburst of grade-school mentality help in any way to validate your occult practices

I don't think so.

But it does tell us more than you intended to tell us about yourselves.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lets_go

Dec 29, 2004
Wyandotte, Michigan
JBlack said:
Feel better now?

Now that you've got that off your chest, did that feed your ego to the point that you can get through the afternoon?

Does that little outburst of grade-school mentality help in any way to validate your occult practices

I don't think so.

But it does tell us more than you intended to tell us about yourselves.

;D? ;D? ;D? ;D? ;D

Giving this guy way to much space in your heads. Don't respond to this guys childish ramblings and he will go away. I hope.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
leftybp, i do not belong to any cult either. nor do i believe in sorcery, witchcraft etc....i DO believe in dowsing, and have located several items and also sites due to dowsing....i have posted several times here trying to give or get info, techniques, and tips but always seem to be steamrolled into giving up due to one persons disbeliefs.......tired of that i decided to post the tests, results, and every info concerning dowsing from a scientific point of view I could find as the info i have found is quite contrary to what this steamroller has been posting quite awhile.....it is hard to argue with posted proven scientific evidence........i could care less about it personally, as i knew it worked for a long time before reading this info......i have way more free time on my hands than i have ever wanted, due to an accident almost a year ago that has nearly immobilized me. i figured i would try to put some of this time to good use by showing people the facts on dowsing so they could make up their own minds regarding trying it, and its uses, instead of the interested, becoming uninterested due to the negative posts of an unbeliever being accepted as truth.....................................my advice to anyone is if you are interested in dowsing, approach it with a positive attitude, and make up your own mind...Do Not Let Others Make It Up For You,,,,,,,,,,, and also Do Not Go Out And Spend Alot Of Money as elementary dowsing instruments are in everyones closet or garage...........................gldhntr

R

rusty nails

does it sound like he is bothering me ? - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease - keep posting your dowsing finds - i like them - this guy will not steam roll anybody off the forum -

R

rusty nails

yes - what i have is two #6 or #8 solid copper cable rods about 21" bent them 90 degree angles - put pvc handles on them and went to town - handles big enough for my hands - thats it - no cost - and i sell nothing - ;D lbp

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
my favorite are braising rods, flat, copper silver alloy, 19 1/2 inch length, 3 1/2 bent for handles, no pvc, or tubes , just the rods.......also no cost, no sales, and i work for no-one other than the wife and kid and have a lot of fun doing it.........................gldhntr

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
no problem davis, glad to help.......anyone having questions concerning dowsing feel free to ask as between several of us here we will most likely be able to answer and help in any way possible..................................have a good day,,,,,,,,,,,gldhntr

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
The OP hasn't been on T-Net in 4 years now. What a loss that is to us all.

ART, thanks for bringing this forward. EXCELLENT reading, and very thorough articles and quotes. The skeptics and nay-sayers comments should never have been allowed. Some are just plain mean, and very sad for me to read such hurtful comments.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have read every post on this board. All the answers are here but only a few of us can find them

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scientific proof is great but is extremely limited in its scope as it does not take into account the impression, the feeling, an intuition, or a hunch which are all real and happens to everyone from time to time. On this subject, skeptics are stuck in how metal detectors work, and using that as a standard, look to see if dowsing works in the same way. Because dowsing does not work like an Electronic Metal Detector, they say it does not work, which is wrong.

Here is one example of the impression, a feeling, or a hunch which cannot be duplicated by science in a million years, but is true. A young couple go out for the night to a party many miles away from their home. They leave their baby at home with a baby sitter. Some hours later, the mother gets an uneasy feeling that they must return home. She does not know why, just that something is wrong and they must return home. She tells her husband they must leave the party and return home. He is shocked and surprised. Why he asks? I do not know she says. So they leave.

When they get home, they find their house is on fire, the police are there and the fire department is spraying the burning house with water, and their baby and baby sitter are outside and are safe.

Here is a question for the scientific dowsing skeptic: How did the mother, who was miles away from home, know something was wrong?

I now await the scientific type skeptics answer before I continue.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, I see, no takers on my question.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, time is up! I have waited long enough. It has been two (2) years, one (1) month, and 10 days since I presented a scenario that happens from time to time. Furthermore, I asked for a response to my question from skeptics in my post #37 above. I could present more like this one but I will not as like I said, time is up. You skeptics did not respond to a reasonable question in a reasonable time period because it flies into your scientific face and cancels out your claims. So you lost the debate, hands down.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, time is up! I have waited long enough. It has been two (2) years, one (1) month, and 10 days since I presented a scenario that happens from time to time. Furthermore, I asked for a response to my question from skeptics in my post #37 above. I could present more like this one but I will not as like I said, time is up. You skeptics did not respond to a reasonable question in a reasonable time period because it flies into your scientific face and cancels out your claims. So you lost the debate, hands down.
Les, you know the answer as well as I do. Skeptikals can't do a double, triple blind test, which is also their pseudo science pill they take everyday.
Time for another nap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions