Dowsing rods or witching rods

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Interesting thread. I enjoy the contrast of thoughts by the two sides of this discussion. After reading all 8 pages I have a statement to make and a question. I believe, to a point, that dowsing is mans attempt to "tool up" his own conciousness. We all have a sense of our awareness and fears and desires. Consciousness is a compelling part of our existence. I believe that I experience consciousness daily. My question is, can consciousness be measured scientifically? I imagine that most scientists would acknowledge their own ability to feel it. Can it be measured in a meaningful way? Can consciousness be proved?
Sorta; SCIENCE have readings on "Consciousness" leaving the body at the moment of death; read it years ago. 15 - 20 grams; research in Brain Science is still on-going.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that the aura, our human energy field, that surrounds the body possibly is where our memories are stored and can't recall what else. They said it's not inside our brain like most believe.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another interesting thing, I have heard of people who go to old cemetaries, walk around barefoot over the ground, and claim to locate forgotten graves.

That is real. The ground is softer where someone has been buried, even a century later, compared to the surrounding dirt due to it being dug up and filled back in. Some can feel the subtle difference in their feet. (some want you to think it's spiritual, but it's actually science based). You can also locate old outhouse spots that way, though most just use a long rod and poke along and once you hit the softer dirt where the outhouse was, it'll push in much easier.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That is real. The ground is softer where someone has been buried, even a century later, compared to the surrounding dirt due to it being dug up and filled back in. Some can feel the subtle difference in their feet. (some want you to think it's spiritual, but it's actually science based). You can also locate old outhouse spots that way, though most just use a long rod and poke along and once you hit the softer dirt where the outhouse was, it'll push in much easier.
YO MOMMA! BURIED treasures in former outhouse sites, like the Beale Treasure on the OLD Johnson Farm (BRP).

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
still do that down here for pre-Columbian graves

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If pendulums and rods motivate the casual detectorist to get off their butt and visit the field, I am 100% for their use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions